Chapter 7: Drug Dealings

Dedicated to the amazing person who always comments and reads my story. Thank you for your support and spending your time to talk to me x

______________________________________________________________________

Denny's POV

"Is now not a good time?", I asked as I walked up to the house that was home to the Braxtons.

"Um, not really, I'll explain all of it later I promise", Casey answered.

"No, you're going to explain it all to me now. What the hell are the police doing here?!"

"They found cannabis and marijuana. We think it's Andy's."

"Andy lives here?!"

"Yeah, to support Josh. Josh is Andy's half brother too after all."

"When will this all be cleared up?"

"Brax and Heath have gone down to the station and I'm going down in a few minutes with Josh and Andy for questioning."

"You don't have anything to do with this right?"

"No of course not!"

"Good", I said as I cracked a small smile. "Be careful okay?"

"Okay", he replied as he kissed my forehead.

I wouldn't say I was shocked when I saw the police when I approached the house. If Casey and his brothers aren't yelling or smashing each other, the police have shown up.

I trusted Casey when he said it wasn't him, Andy however was another story. His background with drug dealings didn't make the situation look good for him.

Casey's POV

I can't believe that Andy Barrett would be dumb enough to hide cannabis and marijuana. And at our house too!

"Anymore questions?"

"No, you're free to go Mr Braxton. And you can take Josh with you," Sargent Emerson replied. "Andy however has to say here."

"I didn't do it!", he protested.

"You are not obliged to say anything at this time. Now follow me", Sargent Emerson said as he lead Andy into a small room.

"Do you think he'll get arrested", Josh asked nervously.

"Yeah, he's a Barrett."

"Hey!", Josh said as he punched my arm playfully. "You're one too."

"Only half", I reminded him.

***

"You're back!', Denny exclaimed as she pulled me into a tight hug. So do they know who the drugs belong to yet?"

"No, but Andy went into further questioning."

"Oh. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I don't know how Josh will handle it if Andy gets arrested though. And now that I think about it, he was acting quite weird before. Almost as if there was something he was trying to hide."

"I have to go help Hannah out at the farm but if they say anything, let me know okay?"

"Okay", I said as I kissed her forehead.

Denny's POV
"Hey Hannah."

"Hey Den. Do you mind driving out to Yabbie Creek to pick Evie up? She's been out shopping for that upcoming formal thing for her school."

"Already! Isn't that in 2 months?!"

"Yeah, but she just wants to be prepared. You know how girls are when it comes to formals."

"Um not really. I didn't go to mine."

"Oh."

"It doesn't matter. Apparently you're boyfriend's down at the police station."

"WHAT!"

"Yeah, he's been accused of possesing drugs. It's no surprise really."

"Sometimes I don't even know what I see in him."

"Anyway, I'll go fetch Evie."

As I drove out to the mall in Yabbie Creek I could sense that something was not right. As I got closer to the outskirts of Summer Bay I saw something in my rear view mirror that made me instantly pull over. I decided to stay in my car and observe what was happening. I knew that the people outside were dangerous, because they were Andy's drug dealers. But this time it wasn't Andy who was with them.

It was Josh.

Casey's POV

"Hey Denny what's up?"

"Is anyone else here?", she asked as she walked through the door.

"No, Kyle and Phoebe are still in Melbourne, Brax and Ricky are at Angelos and Heath and Bianca are next door with Darcy and Harley."

"Oh okay."

"Is something wrong?"

"No um well, I was driving to go pick Evie up from Yabbie Creek and I saw Josh."

"So?"

"He was with Andy's drug dealers."

"Wow. What do you think that means?"

"I was hoping you might know."

"Maybe they wanted Andy and thought they could get him through Josh?"

"I don't think so. They all seemed pretty happy and Josh was taking some paper bags from them. Speaking of Andy, where is he?"

"The police arrested him."

"I wonder how Josh is going to take it, with his brother going to prison."

"Or how he's going to sleep at night knowing that his brother is paying for a crime he commited", I replied.

"You don't think Josh did it do you?"

"It all adds up."

"I can't believe you would say that! He's your brother!"
"Half brother. I don't want to fight with you about it. I'm going to go talk to him."

***
"The drugs are yours aren't they?", I asked Josh as he approached me on the pier.

"It's not what it looks like."

"It's exactly what it looks like! How could you be so stupid! YOU'RE 17!"

"It's not a big deal!"

"IT IS A BIG DEAL! CANNABIS AND MARIJUANA ARE ILLEGAL! AND NOW ANDY'S BEEN ARRESTED BECAUSE OF YOU!"

"WELL HE'S ALREADY SCREWED UP MY LIFE!"

"THAT DOESN'T GIVE YOU ANY REASON TO POSESS DRUGS!"

"WELL I'M SORRY THAT I'M NOT PERFECT! YOU'VE DONE PLENTY OF BAD THINGS IN YOUR LIFE!"

"THIS IS CROSSING THE LINE JOSH! Did you steal them?!"

"Yeah", he said nervously.

"I can't believe you!"

"WOULD YOU JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!"

And suddenly, my whole world turned black...

_______________________________________________________________________

{A/N: So, the drugs belong to Josh! What do you think's gonna happen next?! Thank you for reading as always. Sorry for the late update, I've had a decrease in readers and I don't want to update if no one is reading this story. Please leave your comments down below, I love reading them.}

And if you actually read these author notes, comment pegacorn.

Dream impossible dreams x
Chantelle