The Beginning

It was my first day of work at In n Out in California. I moved down here about 2 weeks ago for Culinary Arts school.

I parked my car and walked into the restaurant and asked for the manager Kelly. 

A small figured, mid twenties, with beautiful brown hair women came walking out from the back in full uniform. "Hi Abby! Im Kelly, its nice to see you bright and early this morning!" She smiled, she defiantly wasn't lying about the early part, it was 8am. I greeted her back and followed her to the back to get my uniform. After I got changed we went to the register where I would be training. Kelly showed me how to use the register which was basically a complicated computer with money, I started to get the hang of the register and menu, then we briefly went over how to clean up the restaurant, which was simple. By the time we had done all of this it was around 11. Kelly told me to go back to the register and practice with real customers, she stood by just in case, which Im not sure if that made me feel better or worse.

After 15 customers I had it down. People filed in and out and then it was dead. I stood at the register bored, looking out the window at the highway when all of a sudden a beautiful, matte black Range Rover drove up, the car was literally bouncing because the music was so loud.

Four guys jumped out and I was stunned.

The two in the back were messing around, one looked maybe half Asian, and the other had his hair slicked back. The boy in the passenger jumped out and was talking on the phone, he had a perfectly sculpted poof and a beautiful jawline. They were all super cute but I couldn't keep my eyes off the driver.

He stepped out of the Range Rover and it was like the whole world stopped. His height was what caught my eye first, all the other boys basically had to jump out of the Rover but this boy simply stepped out and grew to maybe a 6'2 height. He had black basketball shoes, black straight jeans, and a grey t-shirt with a gold necklace that hung down to the center of his chest on. 

But his face. 

His face was sculpted like a god, he had a bit of facial hair skimming his jawline and lip, which were by the way plump and totally kissable. He had a snapback on backwards and his short cut, nappy hair peeped out a bit and his skin was tinted a beautiful dark golden color. 

The boys started toward the door and automatically I was nervous, I had forgotten everything I had been practicing for the last 5 hours, my head was buzzing, my palms got sweaty and my feet were glued to the ground. 

They walked through the door and the restaurant was filled with laughter and loud talking, but the snapback boy was quiet. The boy with slicked back hair made it to the counter first. He smiled "Hi can I just get a #1 please." I looked at him for a bit and then he gave me a strange look which broke me out of my stare. I looked down and punched in the order, he stepped back and let the Asian boy order, he got the same thing. The boy with the poof ordered a chicken sandwich, he was sweet but he seemed really shy, he kept licking his lips and fiddling with his phone. And then snapback boy stepped up and my stomach dropped.

He looked straight into my eyes with his beautiful green eyes and smiled at me. "Hi" he grinned "Umm can I get the same as Myles actually." 

I looked from boy to boy trying to figure out which one was Myles. "Oh sorry this ones Myles." He slapped the boy with the poof in the  center of the chest which jetted him back. Myles looked up at the boy and grimaced. "So a chicken sandwich." The boy laughed. "Oh but can I make that a large please."

"Anything for you." I spit out. 

Oh my gosh what did I just say?! My cheeks turned red and my hands started to get even sweatier. He laughed "Well thank you cutie." Now my cheeks were burning. I quickly looked down and punched in the order. My watch started beeping which signaled that my shift was over, but I had to finish off the order. The cute boy that made me nervous whipped out his debit and swiped it. I pulled off the receipt  and gave him a pen.

 "Can you please sign right here." I pointed at the dotted line with the pen. He reached for the pen and gently skimmed my hand giving me the chills. I looked back up because I didn't want him to hear my deep breathing. I pulled out 4 cups for them while he finished signing and I gave the boys the cups. I watched them walk off and sighed as I got the stapler to staple the receipt he signed to the order receipt. Right as I was about to line them up I noticed there was more writing under the signature. I pulled it back out and read it closely. 

Kalin White

text me or call me sometime cutie ;) 

(xxx) xxx-xxxx 

I gasped.