27 ~ News

Two annoying buzzing noises clamped down on my ears, sounding so irritating I started to swat my arms back and forth.

“Go away mosquitoes,” I groaned, my head pounding a hundred times per second. “I’ll squish you.”

Someone snorted. Wait; did mosquitoes snort?

I cracked one heavy eyelid, a brilliant light filling my vision until it was no more. Instead it turned out to be a pale, crisp white wall with a familiar fog at the base.

“Where am I?” I muttered, feeling myself being pulled into a sitting position. The last events that had recurred before I blacked out suddenly brought alarm and panic to my expression. “Felix!”

“I’m fine, let’s go,” Felix said, sounding somewhat embarrassed.

Cale laughed, his voice dry and cracked but he sounded genuine. “Rose he’s fine. Get up because we won’t have too long with Sidara.”

I felt my eyes widen involuntarily. “About time we saw her again!”

Cale’s grinning face met my tunnel of vision. He pulled me to my feet while Felix marched on ahead, his ears tinged red. “He’s embarrassed you saw him naked.”

My face flushed. “What? I saw him half-naked!”

“That doesn’t make any difference!” Felix cried out, obviously still embarrassed. “It’s like catching me walking out of the shower with a towel around my waist!”

“Well . . . neh! Whatever!” I huffed, leaning on Cale as he steered me towards the familiar golden-framed sleek wooden doors cupped by a creamy corridor.

I watched in surprise as the golden frames hanging on the walls came to life within the casing. Strange creatures of all different races gave me brilliant smiles and bowed down respectfully.

“I’m dreaming right?” I whispered to Cale in fear that they could hear me.

“Nope but they didn’t do this last time,” he replied with a smile in his face.

“Hurry up before I go in there without you!” Felix snapped impatiently, his hands on the doors.

We picked up our pace and watched Felix push them open with a little nudge.

The thick mist swirled around our ankles, thicker than ever and brought a sense of peace to me – not to mention it cooled my temperature down several considerable degrees.

The familiar golden throne sat across us on the other side of the room. I expected Sidara to appear from thin air like last time but she was nowhere to be found.

“Sidara?” I called, my throat feeling a lot better now that we were safe and out of the volcano’s clutches.

“Guardian Rosella,” her soft voice greeted me. “Guardian Cale and Guardian Felix. You have come a long way since the first Crystal in such a short amount of time.”

We found Sidara staring at a portrait on one of the walls, a lively holographic image playing out in front of her. A soft, warm smile lit up her beautiful features while she started gliding back to her throne, talking to us.

“The Fire Crystal has been found and collected by Guardian Felix Zathe,” she announced. She sounded a lot less hurried than the last times we saw her and when she spoke to us. “What is the form you seek it to be in?”

“A-A-A lucky ch-charm,” he stammered, opening up his fist and revealed the brilliant glowing topaz. “Please.” He quickly added on the polite tone on the end.