15 ~ Ashleigh's Moment

Chapter 15

I started to panic when I heard shouts and roars from inside the large house.

Darting to the shed, I snatched the hose off of its hook and twisted the rusty tap. My wrist started to ache from the sudden jerking motion but it was worth it as water poured out of the nozzle and soaked the grass in front of me.

“Come and get it!” I yelled wildly, able to feel adrenaline pulse through me.

Twisting the nozzle, the spray came out in all different directions and had sprayed all the Hunters in either their wolf or snake form.

I shuddered, ignoring the fact that these deadly creatures were probably going to kill me if they got near enough.

Placing the hose quickly back on the ground and silently thanking god that the yard was massive, I held out my hands and felt the ring clench around my finger.

Almost baring my teeth, I lifted my hands and watched the water from the hose lift into the air and hover around all the Hunters.

There were at least . . . seven in total.

I listened carefully, straining to listen over the loud howls and hisses. Not a single sound from the house.

They left their post and oh what a stupid thing it was to do!

I grinned maliciously and clenched my fists, thinking of the deep icy Antarctic or the deep hollow iciness of my freezer at home.

How long had I been gone? What would my parents say?

Pushing the thoughts out of my head, I swivelled my arms side to side and attached all the slightly frozen water parts together, able to form a massive dome.

Gritting my teeth, a bead of sweat rolled down my forehead from the weight on my shoulders as I held the massive gallon of water.

Grunting, I let it fall and released the biggest amount of power from my fingers.

The ring suddenly grew hot around my finger, digging into my skin as I released another wave of power from my fingers, thinking deeply of the icy Antarctic and my freezer.

I watched in awe of my very own powers, seeing the water encase all the Hunters in deep ice.

They hissed, howled and spat at me and yet it never reached me.

Grinning like an idiot, I gathered some water and flung it at them, drenching them in the cool liquid.

Of course it made no effect except distract them for a split second. What the heck was I expecting? Melting like witches?

Shaking my head internally, I swiped an arm out, the ring growing even hotter and immense power flooded through me.

I was completely unaware of what had happened. One minute, I had trapped the Hunters in an ice of dome and in the next, numerous vines and roots had shot out of the ground.

I let out a scream, watching the tangled tendrils reach for me. Instead, they swerved off track and wrapped around each and every Hunter there was in the yard. I just hoped there weren’t as much in the house.

Hang on . . . where had all these vines come from? It’s Earth . . . the Earth ring . . . it has to be Ashleigh!

“Ashleigh!” I screeched and using a tight stream of water, I thrust it into the nearest window. I’ve always wondered what it really sounded like when glass shattered.

Turns out, it sounds really bad for your ears.

Flinching at the loud decibel, I used the water pouring out from the hose and flung large thick disks across the air and led it towards the window sill. I heard the hissing of the Hunters inside but what gave me joy and hope was that the agonised screams had stopped.