19 ~ Clues, Clues and An Offer

We probably spent the next hour bickering about who got to keep the ring while we figured out the clue at the same time.

I mean seriously; 'I rumble, I shake, I glow, you fear me' - what sort of clue is that?

It's like Sidara expected us to be riddle geniuses or something! I mean she gave us the riddle and she made the stupid ring herself . . .

Or was there some complicated magic interwoven with this?

I let out a frustrated sigh, earning a disapproving gaze from Cale.

"Don't get too stressed out about this," he told me sympathetically. "We'll figure it out."

"Yes but it's too . . . weird!" I exclaimed, annoyed. I flung myself back into the couch and blinked up at the ceiling. "What the heck rumbles, shakes, glows and makes me fear it? I don't fear anything!"

"The Hunters," Felix pointed out, raising an eyebrow.

"That doesn't count; this is the human world," I corrected quickly, narrowing my eyes at him when he entered my line of vision. "Help me up."

"No." He smirked - I repeat - he smirked! He had the nerve to smirk at me when I clearly had the upper hand here!

I ground my teeth together and held up a hand. His eyes were wide with fear, backing away until I pushed forwards, not breaking my gaze from his.

Felix was forced backwards, dragged along the ground until he was pinned to the wall. "Rose! Let me go!"

"Rose seriously, enough," Cale sighed, frustrated. "I'm just as confused as you are on this and fighting won't get us anywhere - it didn't last time!"

I huffed, letting my hand fall and watched Felix topple onto the ground. I had to grin at that then turned back to Cale. "I reckon it's got to be something Wind related; what else would shake and rumble? A tornado maybe?"

"But they don't glow and I doubt Sidara would send some random tornado for us to dive into just to get the stupid Crystal," Felix snapped, picking himself up and glared at me from across the couch. "It's clearly fire."

"It's Air!" I argued, clenching my fists. "Hand me the Earth Ring!"

"Shut up both of you!" Cale said lazily, sprawling himself across the couch. "Seeing as Rose is the only one with the accessible element and can provide us protection, we'll elaborate more on the air part."

"Geyser!" I exclaimed. "They glow right?"

"No," Cale said flatly. "Think bigger; you said something Wind-related and tornado fit a part of the criteria. Think of something that would glow while releasing air or something."

I huffed once more, getting annoyed with how Cale turned down my ideas. "Well I'm shooting ideas!"

"I'm telling you, it's fire!" Felix cried out. "Haven't you guys watched or seen Avatar The Last Airbender?!" We both gave him a blank stare, only earning a groan of annoyance from him. "The sequence is Water, Earth, Fire and Air!"

"He does have a point," Cale replied. "Just saying."

"It's from a stupid TV show! It's merely a coincidence that water and earth were the first two!" I planted my hands on my hips and stared at them disbelievingly. "It's a TV show for crying out loud!"

"And now she has a good point," Cale sighed. "But Felix is right; fire glows and I can't think of anything wind-related that would glow."

I scowled but soon my shoulders had slumped in defeat. "Fine. I'll think fire this time." I stared at Felix, narrowing my eyes at him when I saw a smug grin cross his face. "But if you ever think of making fun of me, just know I can twist your arteries."