•27•

Blake

Holy shiznits she's alive.

"Whoa, whoa," I held my hand up to her, standing up to my feet. "Ok uh..." I faltered, not knowing how to explain.

"You have less than thirty seconds or you're getting shot," The lethal weapon still pointed to my face, with the same intimidating look stuck on her face.

"What? Thirty sec-"

"29...28...27...," She began to count down.

"Alright five years ago, you were kidnapped by a psychopath named Jace. Six months ago I was kidnapped by the same person, in the same house you were in," I rushed out my words all in one breath.

She allowed her arm with the gun to lower at her side. A perplexed look crossed her features. She closed her eyes as she shook her head in disbelief. "What?"

"Anna. We were abducted by the same person at different times," I spoke clearly.

"I know what you said," She snapped at me, sauntering further into the cave. She placed her gun beside her when she sat near the crackling fire and leant her back against the jagged wall.

I stood grounded in my spot for a few moments, not knowing what to do. I'm baffled at the way she's acting. This definitely isn't the same sweet little girl I read about. She's a complete different person now.

I decided to follow her lead. I sat across from her, crossing my legs. The amber colored fire, illuminating our faces.

"I'm Blake by the way."

Anna didn't make any eye contact. Her eyes were focused on her gun as she unloaded all the ammo in it.

"So, uh..." I try to stir a conversation. She looks up at me, quirking a brow. "How did you get kidnapped?"

I immediately regretted it, seeing the stern and slightly troubled look on her face.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have a-"

"It was the night after Sara died," Her blunt voice cuts off my apology. She ran her index finger across the slide of her gun as she spoke. "And he was angry."

* f l a s h b a c k *

Annalise

"Ok remember that your dad wants banana split and your brother wants plain vanilla," My mom reminded me, as we entered the brightly lit convenient store.

I skipped down each aisle merrily until I reached where the frozen products were located. Tonight is my family's traditional movie night. Every Friday we rotate on who gets to pick what movie to rent. We're watching Tangled, since it's my turn.

"Mommy I don't see Banana Split," I frowned, my eyes skimming over each ice cream flavor once more.

I felt a pair of eyes on me and turned my head. A man with an all black baseball cap glared at my mother and I. He had tan colored skin and a bit of his brown hair peeked out from the back of his cap. Dark deep rings present under his eyes.

"Ok get Mint Chocolate Chip then," Mom's voice makes me regain my focus. She walked over to me with two pints of ice cream in hand.

"I want that too actually," I grabbed the two pints of ice cream for my father and I.

"Ok lets go they're waiting or us," My mom said hastily, making her way to the check out.

"Wait can I get candy?" I asked. She gives me an annoyed look.