•15•

Blair

Dad and I sat in pin drop silence with only the sound of our forks clanking against the plates. My anger evaporated into the deep feeling of sorrow. I still can't believe my mom up and left like that.

Yes. I wanted her to leave but I never expected her go through with it, let alone Dad backing me up. It was all so surreal.

"Is she coming back?" I spoke up. Dad looked up from his plate and inwardly sighed.

"I don't know."

"So she didn't want me huh?" I swirled my pasta around my fork, hurt present in my voice.

"Blair that's not w-"

I interrupted him, knowing he'll find a way to sugar coat it.

"The truth Dad."

"She..." He paused, searching for the right words. "Her job offered her the CEO position and she couldn't say yes fast enough. But once she found out she was pregnant with Blake she was crushed. She didn't want children."

"Took me forever to convince her out of the abortion. I was so upset with her for even thinking about it. When she got pregnant with you, she just knew quote on quote, I have to keep this one now. Our marriage has been on edge since then," He finished.

So that's all I was to her. Not a joy. Not a gift. Not a miracle. I was simply a human being she couldn't get rid of. I was just a burden to her. A grudge. I repeated her crushing words in my head.

I have to keep this one now.

"She never used to be like this I swear. Just give her some time. She did raise you and your sister."

"No! Don't you defend her, she doesn't care about this family and she never did!" I snapped. A sympathetic expression crossed Dad's features.

I exhaled loudly, running a hand over my face before speaking yet again.

"I'm sorry," My eyes burned from my sudden pooling tears. "For everything. I've been nothing but a complete spoiled brat and you've just been taking it. I'm sorry Daddy."

He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze, "It's alright sweet pea, I know. I know part of you acting out is your mothers fault."

"Got that right," I slightly smiled, lighting up the mood.

He returned my smile, "I love you sweet pea."

"Love you too."

He stood up, took both our plates and went to the kitchen. It's only now that I realize how fortunate I am to have an understanding father.

He's been the only one making an effort to search for Blake. From putting up flyers to asking people around the neighborhood.

"I'll be in my office if you need me," He peeked in from the kitchen. I nodded in response with a smile.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket as I ascended up the stairs. I took my phone out from my back pocket. It was a text from Chris, a boy in my grade. I used to have a big crush on him back in elementary.

Chris - hey

I huffed as I settled under my comfy duvet in my room. Why is he even texting me?

Blair - what do you want?

Chris - i just wanted to say hi bc we haven't talked in a long time.

Blair - . . . yeah and i liked it that way

Chris - don't pretend that you didn't have a monster crush on me

Blair - yeah, i think i might have been blind

Chris - c'mon Blair, why so hostile?

Blair - bc i don't wanna talk to you

Chris - and why not?

Blair - bc i just don't

Chris - i know your sister is still missing, thats gotta b tough right? Its been a month and the police still haven't found her. smh

Why was that any of his business? I didn't even know why I still had his number. It makes my blood boil how he thinks he can just text me out of nowhere and bring up a sensitive spot like that. He just doesn't have a filter.

Blair - s'cuse me?! why is that any of your business anyway? I'm not in the mood to talk to you and i never will be so just hop off!

Chris - ok ok i was just tryin to help you

Blair - really? and when did i ask you?

Blair - . . . exactly

Chris - fine w.e

I slammed my phone on my nightstand.

It was only a little passed nine, but drowsiness washed over my body. I sunk into my mattress and pulled my duvet up to face. I reached up to my night stand and shut the light off. In the thick black darkness, I started to ponder on what Dad mentioned about my behavior.

He's right, maybe I've been acting out all this time because of Mom. She never really disciplined me, she just screams like there's no tomorrow.

It may have made my ears bleed a few times, but it gave me more leeway to act the way that I do. She allowed herself to be swallowed up by her work rather than to care about her children. I never truly had a mother figure.

I've never really had anybody to really talk to in this household either. I know Dad would listen, but he owns a multimillion dollar company and is often busy. My stomach churned when I thought to myself.

Mom never cared about me or Blake. She was going to kill her first baby if it wasn't for my father.

________________________

A/N > ...Diana deserves to be the mother of the year. :/

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter!

Votes/Comments, are much appreciated xx

-kya h.