•24•

a/n - great song that goes w this chap linked above!

"Grace in our tears. High on a fever. Somebody heal me from my pain."

Blake

24 weeks/172 days/6 months

Tears gracefully fell from my eyes as I softly hummed a familiar tune. I hummed slowly, dragging out every note. I couldn't quite pinpoint where I heard it from.

I laid on my back with my left hand rested on my stomach. While the other laid on the ground beside my head. I don't know how long I've been in this house, because I stopped counting. There was no point anymore.

Everything felt numb.

I couldn't experience anymore pain than I already have. My body has grown accustomed to sleeping on the hard ground, and the rusty metal of the tight chains have eaten away at my skin.

As time went by, Jace became more sick in the head.

He was at the point of physically abusing me as his new amusement. Although, his blows didn't hurt as much anymore.

I've learned firsthand that the body tends not to function properly from the lack of food.

I could barely move a muscle. I was losing more weight and sleeping longer than usual. Sometimes I swear I could feel my body gradually shut down.

I heard the door unlock and in entered the dreading presence of Jace. He kneeled beside me and I was forced to avert my gaze to his wicked smile.

"Well you've been awfully well behaved," He reached over to me, unlocking the chains that restricted me. I rubbed circles on my red wrists with the pad of my thumb to relieve the mild sting.

"You've earned my trust back so you can get back to your normal routine," His smile remained present, like it was some generous gift.

"There's a can of soup that you can ever so kindly make," He stood up from his kneeling position, heading for the door.

"Ok," I whispered.

"Now get up and don't make me say it again," His voice suddenly dropped into an ice cold tone.

I slowly sat myself upward, with my palm stuck to my forehead. My head throbbed at the same beat as my heart. The room seemed to be spinning once I stood on my two feet.

I made sure not walk too fast when I walked through the narrow hallway. The strong lightheaded feeling I had, slowed my steps.

I immediately spotted the can of chicken noodle soup sitting on the counter when I entered the kitchen. I opened multiple drawers in search for the can opener. When I found it, I spun around and the can opener slipped from my hand when I saw -

"Blair?" I frowned incredulously.

I pinched my eyes closed, giving myself a few taps on my cheek to shake the hallucination. I would get them every once in a while. Food deprivation has made me quite delirious.

"What are you doing?" She asked me.

"I-I'm making s-"

"I mean what are you still doing in this house," She rolled her eyes.

"Go away Blair. You're not real," I whispered, making sure Jace didn't hear me practically conversing with myself.

"Look in that drawer over there," She jutted her chin toward the drawer near the sink.