•22•

Blair

"Hey Blair wait up!" Chris shouted from a distance. I quickened my pace, shoving my way through the crowd. I did not have the patience for his prying. 

I only had a few more days of school. The less days I had, the more I felt excited to just lay in my bed all day and let my new realities sink in.

With the pronunciation of Blake's death still fresh, I've barely been eating or really keeping in touch with my friends. It was almost as if a grey cloud loomed over my head everyday.

The constant hot sticky weather also contributed to my bad mood. I squinted my eyes when the rays of the sun beamed on my face. I found a shady spot under the school's long arched awning and leaned against the brick wall.

Scrolling through my Twitter feed, I flicked my eyes up to see Chris sauntering up to me.

"You just don't get it do you?" I shoved my phone in my back pocket.

"Didn't you hear me calling you?" 

"Tried not to," I quipped with the roll of my eyes. 

"You've been in such a bad mood lately. I wanna help you. You've just found out about your sister is dead. You need  to get your feelings out and I could be that person if you just let me."

"Yeah see, that's the thing - I don't want to let you. I don't know why it won't get through your thick skull that I don't need a personal therapist. Everything that comes out of your mouth has to do with my feelings and my dead sister. And I'm sick of it, now get out of my way," I roughly shouldered him as I stormed off. 

All I wanted to do was get back to my house and be left alone to mourn. I didn't want to talk to anybody. I knew he was only trying to help me, but who wants to have a deep conversation about their lives crumbling around them?

I walked with my arms crossed, staring down at the sidewalk with a troubled expression. 

I picked my head up when I heard a car from behind me. The black Mercedes slowed down once it caught up to me. The tinted window rolled down, revealing Drew in black shades.

He  effortlessly held the steering wheel with one hand. He did look really hot, but he was also a complete douche and that ruined it all. 

"Hop in," He grinned.

"I don't get in cars with pricks," I replied blandly, speeding up my pace. But he drove his car at the same speed I walked.

"I know what you're thinking. I wasn't involved with what happened to your sister. Please Blair, you have believe me. Please," He took his shades down from his face.

"Piss off," I rejected, breaking eye contact.

I had to admit, the fact that he was pleading for me to believe him shocked me. Maybe he didn't have anything to do with it. It's Lea and Jane that I was mostly pissed off at.

"Oh c'mon Blair, you're not gonna get in a nice air conditioned car?" He enticed. It did sound tempting, I felt like I was being baked inside an oven. I stopped in my tracks heaving a sigh. Pulling the car handle grudgingly, I slid in the passenger seat.

"Drive."

He sported a dazzling smile and put his shades back on. He hit the gas and sped down the street, making sharp turns every minute. The wind roared and blew my hair in every direction.

"Would you slow down?! We're not in Furious 8!" I yelled above the reckless wind, but it only earned me a chuckle from him.

He turned the dial on the radio. I slowly turned my head when I heard him singing along to the blaring song.