•01• ✎

Blake

~ 3 days earlier ~

"Blake! Blair! Get up!" My mother yelled from downstairs. I pried my eyes open and they immediately burned from the sunlight that poured into my room. I let out a groan as I hulled myself out of my bed and groggily walked into my ensuite.

I took my hair out of the two braids and lightly ruffled my chocolate brown hair. Running lukewarm water, I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face before going back into my bedroom to pick out an outfit.

I settled for a pair of skinny jeans and a black tank. I slipped my arms through an army green light jacket. I zipped it up halfway, letting a portion of my tank peek through.

Going downstairs, I'm greeted with the familiar sight of my mother clad in her all black suit and red matte lipstick. She sipped on her coffee and I absolutely hated seeing the coffee mug stained by her lipstick. 

She didn't even acknowledge me because of her engrossment in her magazine. I started to make myself a bowl of cereal when Blair strolled into the kitchen.

I did a double take when I saw what she wore. She was dressed in a low cut floral blouse and a short skin tight black skirt. I don't know why she chose that blouse, she has nothing to show anyway. 

"Good morning!" She chirped. When Mom finally looked up, her expression was priceless. She could probably freeze someone solid with that icy glare. 

I snorted a little, knowing Blair was about to get it. 

"You're not leaving the house like that Blair, go change," She ordered.

"I'm not changing."

Here we go.

"Excuse me, the last time I checked you're the child and I'm the adult now go change," Mom replied sternly.

"What are you gonna do, drag me?" Blair challenged. 

"That's a new one," I mumbled, swirling my cereal around before spooning it into my mouth. They do this almost every day. Blair would wear something Mom didn't approve of and Blair just gave her attitude. It was amusing at one point, now it's just built into my morning routine.

Blair ended up going back up stairs grudgingly. That's how it always ends up being.

"Blake don't forget I want you to talk to your teacher about switching you to AP classes," Mom reminded.

"Uh huh," I huffed with a roll of my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me," She pointed her red painted finger nail at me. "Blair! Hurry up so your sister can drive you to school!"

I slipped on my black tattered combat boots and grabbed my keys off the counter.

"I'm waiting in the car!" I shouted up to Blair. I swear this child takes eight millenniums to get ready.

When I walked outside, the fresh brisk air blew my hair back. I slid in the drivers seat and waited for Blair.

The door opened and she was dressed in a white tee and distressed light washed jeans. I didn't know why she always picked a fight with Mom. She's only a freshman and she tries to dress like she's older than me.

"God I hate her," She rested her head against the window as I started driving.

"No you don't Blair. Don't say that," I shook my head. 

"Well it's the truth."

 "Blair I don't know why you pull the same things everyday," I sighed. "You know how Mom is."