•09•

Blair

"Mom I've already called her fifteen times, her phone is dead." I sighed, setting my phone down. Mom is starting to create a draft with all the pacing she's doing. The hardwood floors already have tiny indents in them from her stilettos.

"This isn't like her," Dad shook his head. We were sitting on the sofa in the formal living room while my mom paced the room like a mad women.

It's almost nine o'clock and we still haven't heard anything from Blake yet. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried. I kept trying to reassure myself that she's just with Stella and Peyton and lost track of the time. However, she would've sent me a text. Mom on the other hand, is handling this situation differently.

"This is obviously her trying to rebel against us," She threw her hands up in frustration.

"Diana, what are you talking about?"

"Rob she's at that age where she craves independence and tries to argue that's she's an adult, which she's not."

"That's not Blake Diana," Dad defended.

"Yeah mom she's not like that," I agreed. Why am I even sticking up for her?

"We also didn't think she had the audacity to yell in my face now did we?" She snapped.

"Diana rel-" I cut Dad off.

"Yeah because you deserved it!" I shot back.

"Blair that's enough," Dad pointed warningly. "I think we should fill out a missing person's report."

"She has to be missing for 24 hours," Mom said in a matter of a fact tone. "Which I know she's not. She's probably out with her little friends."

"Ok do you even know your daughter at all?" I question her with squinted eyes.

"Yes. Yes I do," She countered.

"Yeah I don't think so."

"That's enough the both of you," Dad intervenes.

"Whatever. I'm going upstairs," I exited the room. A series of whispers followed. How can Dad even be around Mom all the time when she's so cold? It's like a faucet with no hot water setting.

When I get to my room, I hatch an idea. I'll just call Stella. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. I walk from wall to wall, waiting to hear Stella's voice comes through the speaker.

"Who is this?"

"Hey, Stella it's Blair," I tried to sound casual as possible.

"Blair?"

"Yeah, I uh wanted to know if Blake was with you?"

"No I haven't seen or heard from her. Neither has Peyton," She informed.

"Something wrong?" She asked. It honestly annoyed me. I wouldn't be calling her if there wasn't anything wrong.

"No I just wanted to have a nice little chat! Why would I call you out of nowhere? I don't even know where she would be if she wasn't with you guys! All I know is that she came home, did whatever, and I come downstairs and she's nowhere to be found!"

"What are you talking about? Lea and her friends came to your house earlier," She said.

"I had headphones on. I couldn't hear anything."

"Well they c-" I cut her off once I came to a realization.

"Wait a minute."

Shouldering my phone, I ran out of my room and swung Blake's door open. The door knob hit the wall with a loud bang. I went to her nightstand and picked up the notebook I found earlier today. Once I open it, my eyes widened.

Property of Lea King.

"And why exactly were they in my house?"

"To study or whatever. I can't believe she's missing. I guarantee Lea has the slightest to do with it too. Tomorrow we confront her." Her voice determined.

"Alright, I'll meet up with you guys at school."

She agreed before I ended the call. I was a little more worried and kind of pissed that Lea and her little posey might of had something to do with this.

What if something bad happened to her? I keep trying to push the bad thoughts out of my mind. Maybe she'll be back tomorrow. However I was doubtful.

I had to do something to get my mind off of this before I grow a full set of gray hairs. So I put my headphones in and let the music blast.

Why am I so hung up on this? Blake is ok, so I don't have to worry.

Lea

"I got a better one, we could tell everyone that she g-"

"Lea would you stop stressing, we already decided that we would deny everything and tell people that we had nothing to do with it," Drew said.

They aren't worried anymore, they were just chilled on the couch in my room engrossed in Grey's Anatomy. I, on the other hand was trying not to let the guilt eat me alive.

"Lea, you okay?" Will's eyes held concern.

"I'm fine," I lied.

"Yeah you've been saying that for the last hour and a half," Jane was unconvinced. I've been friends with her longer than Will and Drew, she can read me like a book.

"Is there something you're not telling us?" She crossed her arms with suspicion. Will and Drew stop watching the tv and turned their attention to me.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm fine!"

"Until we believe it. Why can't we tell them the truth, we didn't do anything wrong. We just played an innocent prank on Blake, and something happened that none of us were involved in," Drew complained.

"Because Drew!"

"Because what!" He challenged.

"Let's just stick to the story, please Drew. Everyone for that matter, let's just stick to the plan ok?" I pleaded.

"Alright fine, whatever." Will huffed, everyone else agreeing blandly.

And I'm in the clear.

________________________

A/N > lol how long do you guys think she can keep this up?

I survived my finals guys. No more school. *jumps in air in slow motion*

I think I'll update twice a week now that I have more time ;)

Votes/comments, much appreciated :)

-kya h. ∞