•19•

Blair

The bell rang, signaling that school was over.

Classroom doors were swung open with rowdy children emerging from each side of the hall. Three months have have already flown by, without Blake's reappearance. It was getting more difficult to stay optimistic about it.

These kind of things take time, they'll found find her, my mind would always tell me. As regards to my mother, the day after I kicked her out, she took all of her belongings and left for good. Dad later informed me that she's now staying with a co-worker for a little while.

It's just the two of us now.

I've also been receiving pity from a lot of people lately. I'm sorry about about your sister. I really feel for you Blair. I hope they find Blake. It all made me want to scream in their faces. Even people who I barely talk to would send me their condolences.

They all talk about her like she's dead. The police are still actively investigating and gathering evidence on the case. Everyone treats me like I'm fragile piece of glass and I hate it.

I roughly bumped shoulders with multiple people, trying to make my way to the door. I was grateful it was June and didn't have much longer with these people. When I started to approach Lea and Jane, I caught a little snippet of their conversation.

"Leelee look at the bikini I just brought for your pool party."

"Thats so hot! I have to order mine before it sells out," Lea replied, closing her locker. I lingered around the area, pretending to be on my phone.

"Make sure you invite Aaron too," Jane insisted.

"Why so he can see you in minimal clothing?" Lea bit her lip, containing a mischievous smile.

"Well duh."

It took all the strength in me not to slap those smiles off their faces. They know what happened to my sister. I know it.

Here it's been a little over three months and they're carrying on with their glorious luxurious lives. Like they don't care my life has been wrecked.

I stalked though the rest of the crowd, shaking my head with a hard expression. The scorching hot sun beated down on my back once I was outside. I spotted my friend Scarlett walking in my direction.

"Chris is looking for you," She grinned.

"Oh my god what does the little maggot want now?" I groaned.

"I don't know but he most definitely is crushing on you. You used to have a crush on him too right?"

"Yeah and I don't know what was wrong with me," I grumbled.

"Well someone's extra feisty today," She laughed.

"I just wanna go home. I'll call you later or something," I waved her off,  starting the route back to my house. I've been walking home since Blake obviously can't give me one anymore.

It wasn't a long walk though so I didn't mind it. My shadow cast a tall lanky figure in front of me as I walked the cracked sidewalk. I plugged in my earphones and let my favorite song play on loop. 

When my house soon came into view I sped up my pace, desperately needing to lay down. I barely got any sleep last night. I actually haven't slept correctly since Mom left.

I hurriedly unlocked my door and let my bag fall to the floor once I was inside. I yanked my earphones out of my ears as I walked toward the basement door.