Chapter 48 (End of book 1)

For those of you that voted for a Sequel  good news is that is now completed!

It's called Finally Free.

 https://www.wattpad.com/160272077-finally-free-dumped-pregnant-book-2-completed 

Mel xox

Everyone was ecstatic with the outcome and truthfully, although we had all wanted him locked up for life, we were just happy he was locked up. Everyone was on such a high that they wanted to go out and celebrate. As much as I wanted to celebrate, right now all I wanted was to get home to see my baby. It's been nearly two whole days since I held Elise and it was killing me being apart from her. I just needed to hold her in my arms and tell her I love her and that I had managed to keep my promise to protect her. Joshua looked at me before whispering in my ear. "Can we just go home? I want to see Elise." A big smile graced my face.

"I swear you can read my mind sometimes because that is exactly what I was thinking." Giving him a kiss we told everyone celebrations would be back at our house. As usual no one objected because they all loved the house and by the way Elle looked at me with a big smile, I knew straight away she was thinking the same as Joshua and me.

As soon as we pulled into the drive of our house, I spotted Joshua's mother holding my baby princess. The car couldn't stop quickly enough for me. Before the engine even cut, Joshua and I were running towards our baby. Scooping my baby into my arms, I cried tears of joy. This was how I had imagined us in my dreams. Joshua Elise and I hugging and smiling, my heart swelled with the love that flowed between us. It was electrical but as always, when our friends are near; our special moment was short lived.

"Hey you two are being greedy! Now let me give my god child some loving." As much as I hated Elle for ruining our special moment, I couldn't help laughing at her childish pouty face.

"She's mine" I said pouting, as I turned around and begrudgingly handed her over my baby. Jack came up to Elle's side and leaned in and kissed Elise on the forehead before kissing Elle on her cheek. It was so cute and looking at the way Elle was blushing, I knew this was not just some fling she was having. Lisa came over and hugged me while Joshua and Paul hugged us. Lost in our hugs I had forgotten all about Joshua's mother.

"Well damn you kids, tell me what happened, how can keep an old woman like me waiting in the dark like this." We all looked up to see Joshua's mother standing there playing nervously with her hands. She looked as if she was going to breakdown at any given second. Seeing the tears in her eyes I suddenly felt guilty. Running over to her I hugged her hard.

"We won. He is locked up." I whispered as I began to chock up again. Seriously with the amount of tears I had cried, you would think I wouldn't be able to cry no more but here I was crying again. She held me and by the way her body shook, I knew that she was crying too, bless her. She has been the mother to me that I have always longed for and in all honesty, she has been more of a mother to me than my own flesh and blood.

Joshua came over and hugged his mother and me. "Come on now, let's go and celebrate with our friends, no more tears ok?" we both nodded while we wiped our tears away. "Good now come on I have a surprise for you." He said while looking at me as his mother walked with the others into the house.

I tried asking what the surprise was, I even tried begging but Joshua wasn't having any of it. Even the puppy dog eyes weren't working for me and believe me, they always work. I loved surprises but I really hated the not knowing part of them. However as soon as we walked into the house; I stood frozen by the site of the foyer. It was filled with luggage. At first, on a wishful thought, I thought that my parents had actually come to see me but by the amount of luggage stacked up, I knew that it was no way just my parents.