Chapter 36

Our eyes locked. Seeing his eyes filled with so much love mixed with a sparkle of nerves. I almost laughed. Staring deeply into his bright blue eyes, I hoped he could see how much I loved him too. Joshua took a step back, and just as I was about to pull him back into my arms, he bent down onto one knee. Oh my god. Oh my god.... mentally squealing those words over and over again, I couldn't for the life of me believe this was happening.

Lisa and Elle were squealing oh my god as well, only aloud. Paul and even Jack where clapping as if to cheer Joshua on. I couldn't help thinking how awful I must look right this minute. I felt sweaty, worn out and by the way my hair felt clammy against my face, I was sure as hell that I was looking worse than ever. Nevertheless, I pushed all of that aside as I sat nervously clutching hold of our baby.

"Isabella, not only was I truly blessed to have met such a strong wonderful beautiful woman as you but also this princess right there in your arms. I know I said I will give you time but Isabella from the very first night I met you in the club, I knew you were the one. The one who I wanted to share the rest of my life with, the only one who had shown me, love was real. I never knew what love was until I met you. Isabella will you do me the honor of being my wife?" I didn't even need to think of the answer because I knew with all my heart that Joshua was the one for me. The one I wanted to grow old with and have many kids with.

"YES! Yes Joshua, oh god I love you so much, I couldn't imagine my life without you, ever." Grandma took Elise from my shaking arms as Joshua awkwardly scooped me up into his arms the best he could and kissed me. Then from out of know where Joshua slipped the most beautiful elegant diamond ring onto my finger. Still hearing the squeals and cheers of congratulations in the background I kissed Joshua alike I've never kissed him before. If it wasn't for my exhaustion or from just going through hours upon hours of labor, we would be in no doubt in bed making a baby right now, I thought to myself giggling.

The way Joshua was holding me, half on and half off the bed made me laugh. I had never felt so happy in my entire life but as high as I felt on love, exhaustion and soreness was slowly but surely taking over.Thankfully, a nurse came in right then telling everyone in the room that visiting hours were now over but quickly reassured them they could all come back again tomorrow. After a lot of pouting, kisses and hugs everyone left except Joshua, who was allowed to stay.

Joshua took Elise from my arms and near on ordered me to get some rest. He wasn't going to get any arguments from me on that because I was just about able to keep my eyes open.

"I love you two so much" I whispered just before I sunk into a much needed slumber.

Wakening up I smiled through my sleepy eyes, as I watched my sexy soon to be husband bottle feeding our adorable princess. I never breathed a word of my worries, all the way throughout my pregnancy to anyone. That I was scared of not been able to love my baby because of Jaxon but lying here now, I felt stupid for even thinking that, even guilty. The love I felt for Elise, there were no words in this world to describe just how much. That saying about a mother and baby's bond is strong, is so true.

" Oh look princess, mummy has woken up." Joshua stood smiling tiredly and he laid Elise gently into my arms. "Did you have a good sleep?" he asked looking like he was ready to topple over himself.

"Yes thank you but I think daddy needs to go home and get some sleep. What do you think princess?" I asked and seeing the way Joshua's face lit up when I called him daddy, I knew he had felt just as I had when anyone called me mummy. Seeing his glossy eyes from unshed tears, made my heart melt. This unbelievable heartwarming caring man was mine.

After a lot, and I mean a hell of a lot of persuading, Joshua finally left to get himself some rest. As much as I loved having him here with me, he needed to get some sleep. As well as that, I needed a little time to myself.

I knew I was being selfish but I wanted a little time alone with my baby. I don't know if it was due to my hormones being all over the place still or I was still tired but Jaxon's face kept haunting me, as guilt engulfed me. I knew what I was doing was for the best, not only for me but for my baby too. Nevertheless that didn't stop the guilt I was feeling. The worst part of it all, was knowing that I was in no doubt, going to be seeing Jaxon at some stage in my life. Whether it was inside or outside of the courtroom and just knowing that sent chills down my spine.

Pulling my baby closer to my chest in comfort, I made a promise to myself right there and then, that I would never ever let anyone harm or hurt my baby girl, ever! I was going to give her all the love I could give her and I would never let her feel, unloved or alone as I had felt many times as a child. I was going to give her everything that I had always longed for and more.

I fed and changed Elise into the clothes that Elle Lisa and I had bought for her, knowing that it wasn't going to be long, until they all came to visit. I laughed to myself as I thought of my friends. Even though my life has been...how could I put it? Well putting it politely, WELL AND TRULY CRAP! I knew with my friends old and new, as well as Joshua and our baby, life now could never be better. Yes I still had somethings to face but surely nothing could be as bad as what I have been through in the last eight and a half months, could it? I thought to myself.

Smiling down happily at my sleeping baby girl, I couldn't believe she was mine. She just looked so small and innocent. Holding her tiny hand, I stroked her fingers softly as not to wake her. Her skin felt so soft under my gentle touch. Studying the little wisps of hair on her head I couldn't tell if it was brown or blonde but I guess in time I will know. The pink silk all in one I dressed her in, wasn't nothing frilly but the simple soft silk along with the little bows on the cuffs and feet was just perfect. I knew the minute Elle and Lisa would see her they were going to fight over who is going to hold her first. Ha ha.

*************************

Hey all, i just want to let you all know that this is not the end lol

we still have the court case!!!!

Joshua proposed!!!! OMG ha ha 

I know i haven't replied to all your comments yet and I'm sorry for that. sadly i haven't  had much spare time and wanted to give you all another chapter.

Also I want to say a massive welcome to all my new followers xoxo

Thank you all so much for reading voting and commenting xxxx

All my love Mel xoxo