Chapter 42

Focusing hard on what each lawyer was saying I couldn't stop myself from staring every once in a while at Jaxon. It was as if I was searching his face for some remorse, anything but there was nothing. His face was hard. If anything, it looked as if he was in a hurry to get out of here. Spotting him trying to break out of the metal cuffs that were tied to his wrists, my stomach leaped up into my mouth. The officer that stood by Jaxon's side even looked a little on edge. This made me think that maybe the officer could sense something that nobody else could. Hearing my name I snapped my head towards my lawyer and tried listening to what he was saying.

I was so out of my debt, let alone my comfort zone that I really thought I was going to breakdown. The lawyers argued non-stop causing the judge to slightly shout silencing the entire courtroom. Our lawyer was called into the main court room, where both lawyers were called to the bench to be what I could only guess was reprimanded.

The man who I had first thought was a judge in our room, sat there saying nothing. The way he continued to stare at me, gave me an unsettled feeling. At first I thought he was just trying to see my reaction but the way he stared at me right now, I felt cold chills run down my spine. I could tell he was trying to hide his emotions but the hatred that flashed in his eyes every once in a while was undeniable.

I nudged Joshua but he just sat there staring at the screen with so much hatred/anger I had never seen in him before. I nudged him again but harder this time. His head snapped to me and it was as if he could read my mind as he placed his hand on my lower back. He didn't speak and nor did I but that was one great thing about the two of us. We didn't need words.

Once I had seen he had calmed down enough, I nodded my head in the direction of the man on the stand. I could feel Joshua's body tense up and although I felt relieved that it wasn't just me being paranoid. Nevertheless in another way it made me more paranoid as so many questions filled my head. However, I didn't have time to think too much into it as the judge stood. Mirroring her actions I stood up. Joshua then informed me that we were now breaking for lunch.

As we exited the room; Lisa Paul Jack and Elle were there waiting for us. Lisa and Elle looked as ghostly as I felt. Joshua left the second we reached them and as I turned to see where he was going I noticed Jaxon's wife staring at me. Instead of seeing the hatred and rage I had seen before, I saw guilt. She looked so sad that I almost, ALMOST, wanted to run over and give her a hug but stopped myself, as I thought of how she could have harmed my baby if she was given the chance.

As I turned back to my friends I noticed that all their eyes were staring in the opposite direction. Before I could even see what was going on, police and security were running past me in the direction that everyone was staring. There was so much screaming and shouting going on that a bad feeling started to settle in my stomach as I turned to only be face by not only ciaos but Joshua too.

My heart went into overdrive as I saw Joshua being held back by his Lawyer as well as a couple of policemen. Panicked I looked to the side and gasped as I knew right away what was happening. Without thinking I ran between the crowds until I reached my lawyer. Someone yanked a hold of my arm sending a mixture of pain and terror through me. My panicked reflexes kicked in as I fought to break free. All I could see was the time when Jaxon attacked me. Screaming out of the top of my lungs for whoever it was not to hurt me. The entire placed silenced. My tightly held wrist was released without turning around I ran straight to Joshua. Luckily no one stopped me but as I got closer the two officers that were holding him, they left him go. I wrapped my arms around Joshua in a death grip which he gratefully returned. Burring my head into his chest, I tried to breathe so I could calm my hysterical self-down.

The eerily silent corridor suddenly became hectic; however, I kept my head buried deep into Joshua's chest because in all honesty, I didn't think my heart would be able to take anymore. I could feel myself moving and before I knew where we were going I was seated in a small office like room. Looking up I saw that Lisa and everyone else had piled in with us. I wanted to ask what was happening but in all reality I didn't want to know but I did want to know one thing, and that was who the person grabbed me? Joshua was swearing his head off. His body was so tensed up that I could even feel his hands clenching against my lower back.

"I swear to god if it costs me every scent I have, I will have him locked up for life!" Joshua's voice boomed through the over crowed room and with that Jack and Paul started throwing abuse. Hearing their words as well as Joshua's I now realised what was happening. Not only was the man in our room payed off but there were also others but who they were no one knew. The room silenced as more people entered. Straight away I noticed one of them and that was the judge from the main court room.

The judged stared at everyone in the room before her eyes landed on me. "Isabella. Are you ok?" she questioned. I nodded because I knew there no way in hell I could answer her verbally.

"Good. Now before everyone starts shouting, I want to clear one thing up." She looked around again and although earlier she had scared the living daylights out of me, right now I was glad she was here.

"This case has already been postponed, so today it will go ahead." Joshua and everyone started to protest but I stopped them. "I agree." Everyone looked at me as if I had gone stark raving mad but I just wanted to get this over with just as much as the judge did.

"Good. Well I am changing this open case into a private one." She looked over at our lawyer and it was only then that I noticed that Jaxon's lawyer was also here.

"Isabella I know this will be harder for you but from what I have seen and heard, I think it would be in your best interest as well as your safety that we do it this way." Even though I was shaking like a leaf, I agreed but what I was agreeing to I didn't know as I was too stunned to take anything in. She pointed towards Jaxon's lawyer first.

"You and your client will be the only ones aloud present." Then she turned to me. "I will allow you to have your partner with you but I'm sorry the rest of you will have to wait outside." I didn't know how to feel at this point but I thanked god that at least I will have Joshua by my side. Looking down at her watch the judge spoke up.

" Ok everyone meets back here at two pm. Your dismissed." With that everyone started exiting the room but Joshua held me back.

*****************

OMG

What is wrong with everyone???

How is Isabella going to cope being so close to Jaxon?

What do you think Jaxon is going to do when he comes face to face with Isabella ?

Hey all my lovely readers. I have to say you all have blown me away with not only your kindness toward me but your comments as well.

I am truly speechless/ delighted that this story is still holding the #1 spot in Chicklit. Without all of you wonderful readers, I would have never in a million years achieved that.

From the bottom of my heart thank you all so much xoxo

All my love and hugs Mel xx