Chapter 11

I want to wish you all a very Happy Easter my lovely readers. I hope you all had a great time. As an Easter treat to you all I am going to upload again tomorrow xoxo

Happy reading

Mel xoxo

*************

Joshua

When I found Isabella laying on the ground out cold, the first thing that came to mind was that her ex Jaxon had done something to her. My blood boiled and as much as I wanted to hunt that sol of a bitch down and kill him, I needed to know that Isabella was going to be alright first.

 Already having had checked her pulse and her body over for injuries I was pleased to see there was nothing but the great golf ball that was forming on her forehead. Even though it was minor to what I had first thought at seeing her, it still didn’t stop me from wanting to kill whoever had did this to her. Lifting her limp fragile body up into my arms I climbed carefully into the back of my car. Luckily Paul was with me at the time. We were both just on our way to a meeting when I spotted her laying there alone on the sidewalk. How I noticed her is a miracle. The street was bare of cars and there wasn’t  a single sole in sight that could’ve helped her but I had no doubt that drivers had just drove by leaving my Isabella alone and unconscious.

 I wanted to scream and punch at everyone and anyone but I didn’t want to just encase Isabella woke up. If she was to see me when I lost control I knew she would be running away from me forever. Paul kept talking to me in hopes to calm me down but no one or nothing in this world could’ve stop me from killing whoever had done this. AND I MEAN NO ONE! I internally screamed.

Feeling her limp delicate body against my hard chest was a feeling that no words could describe and as angry and as out of my mind I was going, I still felt that strong connection I only ever felt when I was with her.    

Feeling as time had stood still, I just sat there staring down at her ghostly pale face. Even through the paleness of her skin I could still see the puffiness of her eyes letting me know that she had been crying before she passed out. If that didn’t hit me hard enough seeing the black circles under her eyes from a lack of sleep just seemed to send me over the edge. Something or someone was troubling her and when I get my hands on them so help me god they would be wishing that they were dead already!

I had already called ahead for my private doctor to meet us at my house and Paul had called Isabella’s friends who were apparently going out of their minds with worry. Why I don’t know? YET But right now, I couldn’t care less about them because all I wanted right now is for Isabella to wake up. I just needed to know she’s going to be ok then I will find out who the hell had left her unconscious on the street.

 My heart was hammering against my chest at the thought of someone hurting her. She was feisty but she was the most adorable woman I had ever met and I wasn’t a man that fell for any girl, not that I wasn’t into girls but hell most of the girls around here were just into me for my money. This in all honesty, hurt because all I ever wanted was to feel loved. To finally be able to let my guard down and let someone into my heart and I theirs would be a blessing in its own.

 Isabella was the first girl I had ever met that hadn’t thrown herself into my arms or even into my bed on the first night. She had a feistiness about her that not only shocked me but made me more eager to get to know her more and not only intermediately.    

“Josh” I turned feeling the cold air whooshing in from the opened door. So deep in my own world I hadn’t even noticed that we had stopped let alone arrived at my place. Paul leaned over to take Isabella out of my arms but stopped midway as I slapped him out of the way. No one was going to take her away from me. Not even my life long best friend Paul who I call my brother. Knowing better than to try and push me Paul stepped away from the car leaving enough space for me to climb out but not far enough to help if I needed it.   

 Hearing her whimper as I moved out of the car brought almost to my knees in agony. Doing all I could do to comfort her at this time, I held her closer to my chest. This was the first time I had really been able to hold her this close and not have her kicking and punching or even running away from me. As good as it felt, I hated knowing the only reason she wasn’t running was because she was out cold and didn’t even know that she was in my arms.

  I hadn’t a clue why she still wasn’t waking up and the longer she was unconscious the more anxious I became. Adrenaline rushed through my body at such an alarming rate that  I ran into the house and ran all the way to the downstairs guest room where I knew the doctor would be waiting for me. However, when I opened the door I was shocked to see Lisa and Elle were there already waiting too. Seeing those so distraught made my already anxious body stiffen all the more.  Elle and Lisa where at her side in seconds as I laid her down onto the bed. The doctor tried moving us out of the room but I wasn’t going anywhere at least until I knew she was going to be alright. I could tell I was irritating the hell out of my doctor but he knew me better than to push me up the wrong way, so without further instructions he got to work while I stood on the side-lines just watching and hoping that there wasn’t anything seriously wrong with her.

Elle and Lisa had left the room but seeing how concerned they were I knew that they were standing right beyond the closed door waiting anxiously just like me.

As the doctor began to check Isabella, she all of a sudden started screaming. Her eyes were still closed as she started thrashing her body all over the place. I was so scared that she was going to hurt herself further. I didn’t have a clue what to do. I had never felt so scared while I held her down but at the same time the way she was frantically thrashing her body around so wildly I was sure she was going to injure herself more than she already was if I didn’t. All I could do was hold her hand in hope it would be enough to calm her down. I gave her hand a gentle squeeze but seeing her like this so distraught almost crippled me. The doctor took the light away from her eyes and as soon as he did Isabella seemed to calm down a little.

 My mind drifted back to the very first night I had met Isabella. The first thought was the way she had me thinking of nothing but her. As much as it amazed me that a girl I had only just met had such an effect on me it also frustrated me. It was as if she had someway embedded herself in not only my head but somehow deeper.  It was as if I had a natural instinct to protect her. Seeing her laying here laid heavily on my chest. I didn’t know what or how to make her feel better.  Feeling so useless just angered me all the more. It also dragged up past memories I had long fought to forget. 

This was the worse feeling ever! I felt helpless and even with all I money I had, there was nothing I could do. Not that money held much meaning to me because I had learned long ago that money was nothing if you didn’t have someone to share it with.

I learned that when I had lost my mother. All the money in the world couldn’t have stopped the way she was ripped away from me. My phone started ringing breaking me from my near on breaking point. Keeping my eyes glued on Isabella I answered the phone. Which I now wished I hadn’t because what Paul told me next I was ready to explode.  Knowing I was going to have to leave Isabella’s side was hard enough but knowing why I had to leave had me seeing red.