Chapter 18

"NOW ISABELLA OR SO HELP ME I'LL KILL THAT PIECE OF SHIT WHO THINKS YOU'RE HIS." And as if he had slapped me again I knew exactly who he had meant. Joshua. But he wasn't mine. Jaxon lashed out in pure and utter rage as I stood there refusing him entrance into my mouth.

Rage that I never in a million years would expect to see in Jaxon was clear on his face. He began slapping me over and over again. I kept my arms wrapped around my stomach in hope of protecting my baby. I tried fighting him off but with me trying to protect my baby and the way he was hitting me as if I was a man it was impossible to stop him. He became so enraged he near enough strangled me to the point where I could no longer breathe.

"You're nothing but a filthy rotten hoe. We hadn't even been broken up for a month before you were lying all cozied up in another man's bed. No doubt letting him have his way with you. I should kill you right now just for allowing another man into your life let alone your bed." With every word he spat out, the slaps across my face became more forceful. His slaps soon turned to punches and although my face felt like his personalised punching bag, I was willing with everything in me to stay alert.

'I wasn't going to end up dying tonight!' I told my sternly, as I continued to try to fight him off.

My erratically beating heart along with my beaten body I knew I had to do something and fast. 'One good punch that's all I needed because the more he beat me, the more he was weakening. However, with every blow I was weakening too but for my babies sake I was ready to fight till my very last breath. I just needed to break one of my arms free from his tight hold. It didn't help that my eyes were so swollen from the repeated punches that I could just about see through the small slits of an opening.

Knowing I couldn't keep this up I opened my mouth leaving him kiss me. Bile rose in the back of my throat but I quickly swallowed it back down.' Isabella you've got to do this! You can do this!' I encourage myself. Using Jaxon lost in the kiss moment to my distraction, I brought my knee up as hard as I could right in between his legs. Almost as soon as my knee hit on target he fell to the ground. The way he screamed I hoped someone would hear him because as much as I tried screaming out nothing would come out. I had screamed so much that my throat was burning and raw.

Scrambling out of his reach I began searching for my keys. I could just about see, let alone see when I was so terrified. Looking frantically around the floor I spotted them but they were right beside a furious screaming Jaxon. I didn't want to risk being back in arms reach of him. So doing the only thing my head was screaming for me to do. I ran.

I started to make my way up the street as fast as my trembling legs would take me. Seeing not a single sole in sight I near enough gave up. Every part of me ached and pained and the more I was pushing my body the more unbearable the pain was becoming. I knew It was only the adrenaline of hearing Jaxon screaming after me that kept me going because as injured and exhausted as I was, I still kept going.

Just when I thought this was the end for me. I spotted a big bush a little further down the street. I was lucky it was so big otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see it with my eyes swelling up more by the second. Picking up my speed I threw my body into the bush, not caring of the branches that cut into my flesh or the thorns that pricked my already raw body.

I curled myself into a ball as I heard Joshua screaming up and down the street after me. I wasn't going to move for anyone. Tears streamed down my face as I bit down on my hand to stop my sobs from being heard. Jaxon footsteps kept passing me as if he was walking up and down right in front of me. I prayed and hoped he wouldn't notice me. Wouldn't hear my muffled sobs, everything felt unreal but the pain let me know it was real. This was very real and right at this minute I had a gut feeling that I wasn't going to make it. As much as I wanted to carry on fighting to stay awake. the pain was so excruciating that I could feel myself slipping in and out of the darkness.

I don't know how long I was there for but it felt like hours before Jaxon's screams finally stopped. My eyes were sealed shut but not out of fear but by the swelling that Jaxon had caused. Too frightened and injured to move I just stayed there curled up in a ball. As much as I didn't want to be found by Jaxon I hoped that someone else would. I needed Lisa and Elle because I knew I wasn't going to be able to move by myself even if I wanted to because my body had totally seized up.

Blackness came and went and each time I slipped under, I felt as if it was going to be my last. My breathing was becoming shallow as my throat felt as if it was closing up.

'Oh God please help me stay alive. If not for me than for my baby, please. I beg you.'

****************

I know that this chapter is shorter than normal but don't go mad yet because I am hoping to upload again by Sunday.

OMG I cant wait to read your comments to see what your thinking as well as what your feeling right now.

I can guess our hatered for Jaxon is growing sky high. But what about poor Isabella will someone find her? or will she die alone under the bush?

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read. I'm seriously shocked but excited by how many new readers this book has recieved.

Thank you all so much again!

All my love Mel xoxo