Chapter 37

As I had imagined, the minute Jack Paul, Lisa and Elle walked into the room, they all started fighting on who was going to hold Elise first. Seeing Jack just standing to the side looking adoringly at Elise, I called him over. Handing my baby over, to this well over six foot giant was the funniest thing ever. He looked petrified by her tiny form.

"Jack she won't bite" I joked as he gently took Elise into his arms. The commotion in the room silenced as we all awed by the sight of Jack holding Elise. I knew she was small but seeing her in Jacks big muscular arms made her look even smaller.

Lisa and Elle came and plonked themselves down on either side of my bed as Jack wasn't letting anyone near him, as he protectively cradled my baby. "Isabella how are you?" Lisa asked and it was only then I noticed that she was the only one who had actually asked me this.

"A little sore but other than that, I couldn't be better." I told her truthfully. "She is just adorable." Elle whispered as she looked so lovingly at Elise. Then her eyes met with Jacks and although I had an idea it was those two that had fell for each other, that look confirmed it. As much as I loved seeing my friend so whipped, I couldn't seem to get my head around it.

Elle was just so wild and playful, that you'd really think she was in love with Paul but looking at the way Jack and Elle both stared longing into each other's eyes, they couldn't have looked more perfect for each other. As I turned to see if Lisa was seeing this, I noticed that she too was staring her eyes locked but not with Jack but with Paul. "WOW" I mutter quietly but I guess it wasn't quite enough. As four sets of eyes came shooting in my direction. With luck on my side, Victoria picked that perfect moment to come into my room.

She began whisper yelling in awe as she took in the sight of Elise in Jacks arms. The way she looked at my baby near on had me in tears. She wasn't even blood related yet she had accepted her as if she was her own. Where my own parents knew I had given birth but hadn't even attempted to come and visit us yet. It saddened me, especially after the way they had acted so excited when Joshua and I visited them. Then again I guess I should've been used to my parents by now but as much as I tried not to let it affect me, deep down it did.

The rest of their visit was filled with joy and laughter, as I teased them continuously. However, they gave back as good as I gave, as they teased me about Joshua. Lisa and Elle finally came clean and told me that they were in love and were officially going out with Paul and Jack. We all squealed and talked as we left Victoria and the men smother my little princess.

Joshua still hadn't returned but I guess he was still sleeping and although Paul and Jack wanted to go and wake him up. I decided to let him sleep, knowing that we were going to have many sleepless nights ahead of us.

Visiting hours had ended and it was now getting dark. I was starting to worry. Joshua still hadn't come back. I had already tried calling him but his phone was off. I didn't want to think of the worst but I couldn't stop my mind from fearing the worst. What if Jaxon had somehow gotten someone to hurt Joshua? But then I laughed, as I reminded myself that Jaxon was locked up and couldn't contact anyone. Although I tried reassuring myself numerous of times that he was just sleeping, I couldn't rid myself of the bad feeling that something had happened to him.

After a few hours had passed with still know sign of Joshua, I couldn't stand not knowing where he was any longer. Calling the only people I knew would help me; I dialled Paul's number in hope that he would be able to put my anxious mind to rest. After what felt like forever Paul answered but by the way he answered sounding strained, my blood ran cold.

"Paul what's wrong?" I asked while praying whatever it was, had nothing to do with Joshua. I heard him clearing his throat as well as Lisa and Elle mumbling in the background. "Nothing" he said a little too quickly for my liking. "Paul don't lie to me. Where is Joshua?" I asked sounding as panicked as I felt. Looking over at the crib where Elise was sleeping, a tear ran down my cheek. Hearing commotion on the other end of the line, my heart sunk as my stomach began to spin in a bad way.

"Isabella its Lisa, we will call you back ok. " I was just about to object when Lisa hung up on me. Next thing I knew, my hospital room door swung open with a thud. There standing by the door was an angry looking girl, I had never seen in my life before. However, the minute I spotted her baby bump, it didn't take me long to figure it out, who this girl was. Maybe I had never met her in person before but the way she stood there staring at me as if I was her prey I knew for sure this was Jaxon's wife. My first instinct was to protect my baby. So jumping out of bed, I pushed the crib behind me. Pain shot straight up me at the sudden movement.

"You're her?" she spat with so much venom that I took a step back. She ran her eyes over me from head to toe. I wanted nothing more than to pick Elise up and run so I could protect her from this crazy looking woman but her standing there by the door looking as if she wanted to kill me, I knew it'd be safer to leave her in her crib.

I just stood there feeling so numb and shocked. How did she know where to find me? Hell, how did she even know who I was but then her words sunk in making me feel angry but guilty as well. Not knowing what to say, I just stood there frozen on the spot. She began laughing. The sound of her evil laughter chilled me to the bone. Her angered face suddenly reminded me of Jaxon's, the night he had beaten me up to an inch of my life.

I daren't look back to check upon my baby encase she made a move towards me. As sneakily as I could I looked over to see where the emergency nurse buzzer was. Seeing it was in reach, I slowly reached out and grabbed it. If I thought she looked angry before, I was wrong. Because as she noticed what I had done she charged at me with so much hatred in her piercing eyes, I screamed out as that was all I could do.

Pushing the crib further behind me, out of harm's way, I stood waiting for her body to crash into mine. I wasn't about to hit a pregnant woman but if she made any attempt to harm my baby, then pregnant or not I was going to beat her. My heart sped up as she laid punch after punch at me as she called me every name under the sun. My mind suddenly flashed back to the worst night of my life. It was as if I was living through it all again but not in my nightmares that I frequently suffered from but for real. I tried defending myself without hitting her but with every punch she through, I was getting angrier by the second. Blocking my face as well as my baby, I pushed her back so I could gain myself some time. Keeping a death grip on the alarm for the nurses, I prayed to god they would come and rescue me.

*************************

Why can't Isabella get a break. she doesn't deserve any of this!!

What do you think of Jaxon's wife?

do you think her and Jaxon are a perfect match?

Also i have to say a massive thank you to each and everyone of you. You're all truly amazing to me!!!

You all mean so much to me and i want you to know that because it is all of your great comments and votes that encourage me to write. big hugs Mel xoxo