the nineteenth goal

Blood is never a good sign. People scream at the sight of it. People, such as Thomas, freeze in sight of the damn thing.

Amelia could move, but Thomas was practically frozen. Soon enough, sirens were wailing down the streets.

"Thomas...Thomas, I'm okay, you're okay," Amelia stuttered out. Thomas shook his head while holding back tears. 

He couldn't move, he felt like it was his fault. He didn't know what to do, but comfort her. Instead, she was comforting him.  

There was a loud shriek in Thomas's mind and finally Thomas snapped and lifted Amelia and tried his best to run out the door to meet the ambulance.

Amelia looked into Thomas's overflowing eyes as the paramedics rolled her into the ambulance, leaving Thomas behind. Amelia's eyes started to close, as the paramedics tried to keep her awake. She muttered and mumbled words that Thomas could hear as he was being pushed out of the vehicle.

"The baby, not me...Manuel wants the baby...choose the baby..." 

___________________________

"Hey, just landed! Miss me too much?" Manuel joked, lifting a bag onto his shoulder and walking towards the car that was waiting for him.

Back in the hospital, Thomas stared blankly outwards, with a grim expression on his face.

"M-manu..." Thomas tried to say. Thomas's throat began to tighten. 

Immediately Manuel knew something was wrong. He stopped in the middle of the airport, people pushing past him and sliding by. 

"Thomas?" Manuel asked in a deeper, serious tone. Thomas cupped his hand on his forehead, letting out a few small sobs.

"Mia," Manuel's eyes widened and he turned around, and in only a few seconds, he was at the ticket line, impatiently scooting past everyone to buy a ticket back to his home.

"Thomas, what happened, is she okay? Did you do something to help her? Is she okay?" Manuel slurred out, his questions growing more and more demanding.

Thomas closed his eyes, not knowing what to say. He, in fact, didn't know what would be the outcome. Amelia was in surgery. And there was a choice for the doctors to make. Thomas couldn't save Amelia. Or Manuel's baby. 

Thomas couldn't influence the decision and that killed him. Amelia had made her decision but Thomas knew that was not Manuel's choice.

"Sorry, sir, that plane is full. The next one available is in 4 hours," the flight attendant motioned for him to go away. 

"4 hours? What the f*** is wrong with you people, my wife could die and all you can say is sorry?!" Manuel shouted, causing people to look at him. The flight attendant awkwardly looked at his feet.

"...Sorry, sir."

_________________________________

It was 4:56 AM when Manuel finally arrived at the hospital. Manuel walked briskly to the front desk, absentmindedly showing IDs and filling out paperwork. The world seemed to be black and white, slowly moving as if Manuel were numb to everything.

Finally, he saw the doctor, who greeted him kindly. Manuel took a deep breath and did the same, asking how she was.

"We had to do surgery...and...it was either her or the baby, Mr. Neuer," the doctor looked down.

Manuel gulped deeply and looked on expectantly.

"And...her wishes were to save the baby because you apparently wanted the baby more than her but..." the doctor began to explain.

Manuel's world seemed the shatter at that exact moment. 5:16 AM on an early Friday morning standing in front of room 1-103 in the hospital.

Manuel had not once asked if the baby was okay. He had asked if his Mia was okay. He didn't care for anything other than Mia. Why would she believe that he cared for the baby so much more? 

Manuel choked on his breath, his ears filled with a buzzing noise. He felt his face get warm when tears streamed down on it. Manuel never cried.

The doctor tried to touch his arm and speak to him, explain even further, but Manuel couldn't hear. His heart felt like it was going to explode. He felt like shouting, like screaming.

But Manuel thought for a second. She was in the room. There was some hope.

Manuel sprinted into the room, sweat plastered across his face.

"Mia!" Manuel started to cry at her limp body wrapped in the sheets. He quietly let out a sob, kneeling beside her and looking at her. But her eyes were open.

...and she was okay. 

His Mia was okay.

And Manuel cried even more holding her close to his chest. Amelia lay limp in his arms as she looked at him with a weak smile on her face. Manuel whispered over and over, "oh my god. I love you, I love you so so much." 

Manuel had said it before and he was going to keep saying it.

Amelia closed her eyes and held back from crying, she hadn't cried in months. She was strong and now she and the baby were safe in Manuel's arm.

 Manuel repeated it so that she would know he was serious.

"Yes..yes I love you so much, Mia," Manuel cradled her, Amelia's head in Manuel's large hand, near his own face.

The doctor walked in, followed by a nurse. Amelia smiled, sitting up, the pain was gone and she felt better than she had in days. The headache had left her.

"How are you feeling?" The doctor simply said, a grim look on his face.

"Good, amazing even," Amelia gripped Manuel's hand, who smiled.

"That's my girl," Manuel winked, feeling the effects of relief and happiness, which would be ripped from him shortly.

"We had to take you into surgery. And don't worry, there won't be major scarring on your body, but emotionally and physically...there will be damage."

"Wait, what?" Amelia looked concerned. She was confused.

"It's going to be okay, Ms. Adler," The nurse assured her. Amelia shot her a scared look, feeling like she knew what was about to come out of the doctor's mouth. She knew why she felt so alive again...like she was...before she was pregnant, without a baby.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Manuel stood up, uncrossing his arms.

"Ms. Adler, you had a miscarriage and you may not be able to give birth again..."

________________________________

authors note!! i hope you liked it...i didnt lmao too sad for meee :(( 

dont kill meeeeee i love you okay thank you so so much for reading

ship someone #manelia #wena #tibby #manutella ?!??!

tell me what you think will happen next (only a few more chapters before i reveal the LAST BOOK OF THE TRILOGY :)))