the sixteenth goal

Because Manuel's job required him to be calm and collected most of the time, Manuel wasn't a complete mess after the doctor had done a bad job telling him the news of Amelia's pregnancy.

Well, technically, Manuel should've known himself. He shouldn't have pushed her so much to damage her innocent self.

Manuel walked into the room and avoided eye contact with everyone who stared at him, especially William, who was clenching his fists.

"What'd he say?" William spat out. Manuel shrugged and slumped down on his knees beside Amelia, who had her eyes closed. 

"Manuel. What did the doctor say?" William repeated, this time stepping closer to protect Amelia. 

"Maybe we should give them a moment...?" Libby spoke up, pulling Thomas back as he had his hand on William's shoulder. Manuel was motionless as his head was on Amelia's hand, which was still sweaty.

"No. I'm not leaving him with her. He did something..." William said broodingly. He waited for Manuel to respond, but there were just a sigh and Amelia's even breaths.

And then the room was silent. Manuel lifted his head to see that everyone was gone.

"Mia...oh Mia, I'm so sorry," Manuel put his head in his hands and shook his head frantically, seeing his vision blur as he tried to explain himself to the sleeping girl he had damaged.

"I didn't think...you're so special to me...and I'm so stupid...I could've just stopped for second...I don't even remember how many times we did it...and now...now we're going to have a baby and-and..." Manuel blubbered out before he stopped. He heard a sharp gasp and he opened his eyes to meet Amelia's.

"I-I'm actually pregnant?" 

Manuel opened his mouth to speak but closed it again. There were no words just both of them looking at each other, trying to gauge each other's reactions.

Amelia's eyes watered, but Manuel's tears were the ones to spill over, as he tried to cover it up. Amelia's hands wiped the large tears away.

"It's gonna be okay, right?" Amelia whispered. Manuel didn't hesitate to nod and grab her hand in his. 

"I didn't think of ourselves as the parent-type, but we can do this," Manuel joked. Amelia closed her eyes and groaned.

"I'm so sorry, Manuel...so so sorry," Amelia said just as a pain rose in her body and she doubled over, reached for the plastic bin and spewed her insides in it.

Manuel rubbed her back and ensured her hair was tied back. 

"So what happened to me?" Amelia rolled over and wiped her mouth with a towel. Manuel forced a weak smile on his face.

"Welllll..." Manuel blushed through the explanation, as Amelia hid under the blanket.

"Well shit," Amelia muttered.

"And guess what? The baby isn't gonna have a father because William is going to kill me when I tell him you're pregnant," Manuel's hand flew to Amelia's stomach, which was a bit pudgy, but not changed yet.

"He won't kill you, he'll kill me, oh my god," Amelia looked away and blinked a few times, realizing her situation. She didn't know how to explain this to William. 

"Do you know how far I am?" Amelia asked, feeling the warmth on her belly. Manuel's hand was gentle but protecting, which made Amelia smile knowing that Manuel wasn't going to leave her because of this.

"About 3 or 4 weeks! Who would've guessed..." Manuel shook his head in amazement.

"Shit, the test was wrong then..." Amelia's head leaned back in frustration. Manuel looked at her.