the sixth goal

Maybe it was because Manuel Neuer was a true gentlemen from the start. Or maybe it was because he had carried her to her house, at least to the car and drove her home.

Whatever it was, in the end, Amelia Adler forgave Manuel Neuer.

As Manuel drove Amelia home, it was anything but awkward for the two, as Amelia continues to sneeze but began to talk more.

"So when do you have your next match?" Amelia asked later on in the conversation.

"Uhh...tomorrow actually," Manuel chuckled a bit.

"Shouldn't you be training or something right now?" Amelia questioned, leaning her head on her arm, which was leaned on the armrest.

"Yeah, but I had to come to you first," Manuel said smoothly. Amelia rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"Alright, whatever," Amelia said, still a bit bitter about Manuel standing her up.

"Amelia, you can come to the match if you'd like," Manuel felt uncomfortable when Amelia made him feel guilty.

"Would that even be fun? Cause like I don't know anything about football, and I'd probably just be screaming when everyone else is screaming," Amelia laughed, making Manuel smile.

"It'll be fun!" Manuel insisted, "bring Lena too, and you guys can come onto the pitch at the end, you know, when we win."

"If you guys don't win, I'm going to be super disappointed, because you're acting like you're the best," Amelia teased.

"We are," Manuel said jokingly.

"What team is this anyway?" Amelia asked quietly, feeling stupid.

"Bayern Munich," Manuel answered. Amelia smiled because Manuel didn't think of her as stupid, he was polite and kind to her, which she appreciated.

"And what colors would I have to wear?" Amelia asked, more comfortable this time. Manuel pulled into Amelia's driveway.

"Just ask Lena, she's got it," Manuel stepped out of the car and opened the car door for Amelia, holding his hand out.

Amelia sneezed, covering her nose this time with her arm. Manuel whispered a bless you, as they approached the door.

"Amelia, your eyes are really red!" Manuel said, a bit alarmed. Amelia shook her head.

"It's just allergies, Manuel."

"Yeah, but I don't want you coming to the match if you have allergies this bad!" Manuel said with a worried expression. Amelia thought about it for a moment.

William would never let her go to the match, especially seeing her like this.

William quickly came to the door, grabbing Amelia's hand and pulling her inside.

"What were you thinking? Couldn't you tell me where you went? And look at you, your eyes are all red and you forgot to take your medication!" William ranted immediately after Amelia stepped inside.

Manuel awkwardly stood his ground.

"Thanks for bringing her home, you can go." William narrowed his eyes and began to shut the door, too quickly for anyone to react.

"Wait, I need to make sure she's going to be okay, right?" Manuel held his hand out and stopped the door from closing.

Amelia's head was feeling light, her brains feeling like they had been drained from her sneezes.

"Manuel can stay, if he wants," Amelia nodded and tried to smile.

"She'll be fine. Now you should go, before you hurt her again," William said sternly. He didn't want to see Amelia as hurt as she was yesterday again.