the seventh goal

Manuel Neuer knocked on Amelia Adler's door very early in the morning, to which he knew William would not have answered it.

And he was right, as he was pulled into a vicious hug by Amelia.

"Manuel, I don't know what was happening, but that was amazing, I think!" Amelia loudly said, recalling the match from the previous day.

Manuel laughed, wrapping his arm around her, but she quickly pulled away. Since when was she so close to Manuel?

"Why are you here?" Amelia said, a little more distant than a few seconds ago.

"I...well...there's this thing that I have to go to...and I have to bring someone,"

"Like a date?" Amelia accidentally blurted out, both of their faces turning red.

"No! No, like a friend type thing, you know?" Manuel quickly covered his embarrassment.

"Oh...then I guess so," Amelia said hesitatingly, looking up at Manuel's eyes.

"Alright, I should go before...William hates me even more," Manuel tried to crack a joke, his eyes glinted with amusement

"Yeah, well, that's not possible, he hates you enough, I probably won't even be able to go," Amelia continued building her wall against Manuel. The truth was, she was afraid of how Manuel could hurt her; she knew William was right, she was probably just another charity case that the public eye could pity.

Manuel frowned, "I'll pick you up then, dress nice if you want to look more beautiful than you already do."

Amelia looked down quickly and smiled, pushing her bangs behind her ear.

"Alright." Amelia said.

_______________________

Manuel and Amelia were so cliche that it made Lena giddy. Lena thrived off of Amelia coming down the stairs looking like freaking Cinderella with her hair curled, eye make up, and high heels.

Lena squealed when Manuel complimented her. Lena even kept William in him room with the power of fast food and movies.

Amelia happily linked her arm into his as they walked to his car.

"So what is this thing anyway?" Amelia asked, putting on her seat belt.

"It's a fancy dinner party, for football players, you know?" Manuel chose his words wisely, hoping not to freak her out. Amelia didn't reply, which didn't ease the awkwardness in the air.

When they arrived, Amelia felt the pit of her stomach drop. There were gorgeous lights strung across the hall at which the dinner was being held. Limousines were being driven up and driven away from by chauffeurs in velvet hats probably made out of lemur fur or something exotic.