the fifth goal

"Look, I'm sorry, I just wish he had given me an explanation, and you doing the 'I told you so' isn't helping me," Amelia grabbed both of their plates and started cleaning them with a sponge.

It was the next morning, and Amelia was already done with the day. William had decided to tell her that he had in fact warned her about people like Manuel Neuer.

"Has he even called to explain?" William asked, crossing his arms. Amelia didn't look at William, but could feel his stare on her back.

Suddenly, Lena barged in through the door, carrying her purse and ripping her large sunglasses off of her styled hair.

"AMELIA ADLER GO GET CHANGED!" Lena screeched and then turned around, "oh, hey William."

Amelia practically jumped out of her skin, as she dropped the plate, her wrist was grabbed by Lena, leading her to her room.

"What are you doing, Len?" Amelia didn't argue, but changed according to what Lena was throwing at her.

"Wash your face," Lena shook her head.

"Shut up, brush your teeth, hurry, hurry, hurry!" Lena yelled even though Amelia hadn't said anything. Amelia rolled her eyes and quickly washed her face and brushed through her hair and cleaned her teeth thoroughly. 

"Woah, woah, woah, where are you taking her?" William stood in front of Lena, who tried to push past William with Amelia on her arm.

"To fix things," Lena whispered, trying to make sure Amelia didn't hear. William raised his eyebrows and grabbed his keys.

"I'm coming," he said sternly. Lena nodded, knowing that there was no other way.

It was all very exciting and for all Amelia knew, it could just be for catching a movie last minute, or getting to a sale before it ended.

So I guess you could say it was a surprise when Amelia, Lena, and William entered Naxos Taverna, against Amelia's will of course, to find a suited Manuel Neuer.

Amelia's heart raced, but also she was angry.

Manuel nodded at Lena, who had plopped down next to him, but helplessly looked around for Amelia.

He hasn't seen me, maybe I could just-- Amelia thought to herself, until Manuel made eye contact with her, smiling and waving her over.

"I'll beat him up for you, Ames," WIlliam whispered. Amelia smiled.

Manuel noticed the good looking man standing next to Amelia and his smile faltered. Who was that? Had Amelia already moved on so quickly?

"Thanks Willy," Amelia looped her arm inside of his and they walked to the table, sitting down next to each other.

"Hey Amelia," Manuel said quietly, trying to make eye contact.

"Hi," Amelia simply stated, "I'm going to go to the bathroom. Lena?" 

Amelia said it like Lena had a choice, but she didn't.

"Why did you do this?!" Amelia whispered, shouting with her tone.

"Look, Manuel had a freaking match yesterday! That's why he couldn't come, and he had completely forgotten about it because he was so excited,"

Amelia didn't believe it for a second, "yeah right, and why would he tell you all of this?" 

"Because he had my number, and he knew that he couldn't call you because of money," 

"Great, so he thinks I'm some desperate poor loser," Amelia washed her hands and ripped some napkins to dry them.