the first goal

Traveling all the way to back to Munich felt more like 3 years instead of 10 hours. Especially when Manuel Neuer was sitting next to Amelia Adler.

Manuel had never wanted to jump off a plane more in his life.

She was nice, yes, but obnoxious and crazy at the same time. Like Thomas, but a bit more giggly and feminine.

Thomas had plugged in his headphones and fell asleep, leaning on the window and breathing slowly. Manuel tried to do the same, but was interrupted by a giggle.

Manuel's eyes flew open and he furrowed his eyebrows. Amelia looked over, realizing how loud her laugh was. She covered her mouth, still grinning behind the wall that were her fingers.

Manuel just smiled and closed his eyes again, resting his head back and crossing his arm. It was a few seconds until there was a loud outburst.

He whipped his head around again, this time a little bit more annoyed. She looked at him apologetically and covered her mouth with her hands.

"I'm sorry," Amelia stifled her laugh. Manuel merely folded his arms again and leaned further into Thomas, practically laying on Thomas.

Amelia tried her hardest to keep in her laugh for what seemed like the millionth time. She was laughing at a video of funny cats, which she found hysterical for some reason. 

Maybe if he closed his eyes really tightly, she would get the message and not try to converse with him.

"Oh my goodness, you want some peanuts?" Amelia accidentally spilled some packets on Manuel's lap, who struck up in his seat as if there was an electrical shock running through his body.

Manuel groaned, not holding back his frustration any longer. 

"Can you please stop?" Manuel said, in a low voice, still not fond of the attention from Amelia's loud voice.

Amelia looked directly at Manuel with a cold, hard look.

"I'm sorry, was a low class peasant like me disturbing your highness?" Amelia said sarcastically, popping in her headphones and turning her back towards Manuel.

All of a sudden, there was a deep pang of guilt that ran through Manuel. This was the reaction Amelia was looking for, it always worked.

"Miss Adler..." Manuel whispered sternly. She didn't respond, pretending to already be asleep.

"Miss...Amelia," Manuel tried again, this time laying his large hand on her shoulder. It was strange, a tingling sensation running through both of them. 

"Yeah Mister Manuel?" Amelia snickered, trying not to show any surprise from how his hand felt on her shoulder.

Manuel didn't know what to say. Why was he apologizing? She was the one that was being annoying. Manuel thought about it for a moment.