Chapter 24

Grace

I groaned in pain and turned over so that I was laying on my stomach, nearly crying. I fucking hate my life.

"Gracie?" I groaned in response and picked up a pillow and went to throw it, but it landed on the floor next to me. Poor pillow, it didn't even get to fly.

"Go away Alex." I said my voice muffled by my mattress as I tried to push myself down in it and disappear. Sadly, it didn't work.

"I got you some chocolate." He said sounding hopeful. He's shouldn't sound hopeful, there was no hope left at all.

"No! You don't understand! You're fucking stupid I didn't say I wanted chocolate, I said I wanted chocolate covered strawberries! Gosh, Alex you're so stupid!" I complained and threw my stuffed bear at him, which he caught.

In case you were wondering, I have the unfortunate time of the month, and I'm wondering why Alex is putting up with me right now, it's something I have yet to figure out. I'm literally the stereotypical, emotional, bitchy, bossy girl when I have my period.

"Do you wanna cuddle and watch Netflix?" He asked trying to come up with suggestions to pass the time. I'm wondering why I even called him in the first place now.

"Did you just suggest a Netflix and chill?" I asked narrowing my eyes. "Because we ALL KNOW WHAT THAT LEADS TO ALEXANDER AND YOURE NOT COMING NEAR ME!" I yelled. He cowered back after my little outburst and pulled out his phone.

"Why aren't you paying attention to me?" I whimpered as he held the phone to his ear. He sighed and walked towards me and sat next to me. I suddenly felt a pain that felt something like my insides being ripped from my being and groaned falling back onto my bed.

"Jack! Hey! Listen--No I didn't know you were watching home alone, I..." he paused as I heard yelling from the other end of the phone. He put his phone down for a few minutes while the yelling continued and then looked at me.

"Tell him to shut the fuck up." I said simply. I was in absolutely no mood at all, to deal with people's shit. So Jack better shut his mouth before I sew it shut.

"He said he doesn't have to listen to you." Alex whispered, his face held a look of fear, probably fearing what I was going to say next. I was going to rip him to shreds. I WILL DESTROY HIM!

"Tell him I told him to say it again, I dare you."

"She says, say it again, I dare you." Alex said turning back from me. I rubbed my stomach and whimpered as the cramps came back and I maneuvered into a fetal position.

"He said it again." Alex whispered. That's it. He's going to die.

"Any future children is out of the question for him now." I whispered applying pressure to my stomach as a way to try and stop the cramps.

"He said 'ha ha jokes on you I don't want any'" I growled and yanked the phone from his hands.

"Listen here you bitchface, you get over here and hang out with me and bring midol." I said quickly hanging up the phone and handing it back to Alex.

"I got you Tylenol though." Alex said as he rubbed my stomach himself. I slapped his hand away causing him to squeak in surprise.

"It doesn't work." I muttered and closed my eyes, happy place, happy place. Rainbows and kittens galore. Alex gave me a look of sympathy and rubbed my back not saying a word. It was times like this that I really hated being a girl. The doorbell rang and suddenly I had the energy of a small child as I jumped up and ran out of my room and down the stairs.

I swung the door open and saw Jack holding up a cvs bag with a scowl on his face. "I was watching home alone." He muttered and shoved the bag into my hands. I smiled at him and opened the bag taking out the medication and a heart shaped box.

"They only had heart shaped box chocolates." He said as he invited himself in. I grumbled and punched his shoulder as hard as I could and watched him cradle his shoulder. "Ow!" He screeched.

"That's what you get for sassing me! Asshole." I said back as he walked off towards the kitchen and grumbled. Alex came down a moment later and started rubbing my shoulders. I had my arms crossed over my chest with a scowl on my face as Jack rubbed his shoulder.

"Your girlfriend punches hard." He pouted. "What unfortunate luck with her lady time being on your birthday, I guess birthday sex is ruled out." He added after, while leaning against the staircase. I turned towards Alex and widened my eyes.

I cannot believe I forgot my boyfriend's birthday. Let alone the fact that, mine would follow in 2 days. How stupid could I possibly be? I'll answer that for you, very stupid. I immediately felt bad and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry." I whispered. He shrugged and wrapped his arms around my waist securely. "I can't believe I forgot." I said burying my face into his chest.

"Its fine Gracie-"

"No! It most definitely is not!" I turned my head towards the clock and smiled "its 1:41 which means we still have time!" I said excitedly.

"Spending time with you is enough Gracie, don't get me anything." Alex said softly. He didn't seem like he wanted anything big planned and for a second I thought that he was taking after me for a second. He was like...the party machine, drunk or not.

"Are you sure?" I asked feeling unsure of his decision, he nodded and kissed my cheek. I was going to do something for him anyway though, because if I didn't then I would've felt terrible. So he has no choice in the matter anyway. I turned to see if Jack was still standing there, but found him no where in sight as I turned back around to hear Alex's response.

"Absolutely positive." He hugged me again only for me to smile and rub his back, I have a plan. Its gonna be awesome.

An: this chapter is like really short compared to the others, I'm sad. I didn't even reach like 1200, but I hope it's good enough for you guys.

Don't forget to vote and comment! Show some love! I love you guys.

Song of the chapter: The Divine Zero by Pierce The Veil (because that song came out nearly two months ago and I'm still fucking obsessed with it kthnx)