Chapter 11

Alex

History wasn't the same without Grace. Joking around and laughing silently while Mrs. Riley glared at us every once in a while. It was only Monday, but I missed her. She's been avoiding me, she hasn't answered my texts or calls and I wouldn't say I'm worried. Just sorry. She went as far as skipping school on Monday to avoid me. I was wrong, I shouldn't have told her who, or who not to hook up with when I was snogging Kitty Walker for a majority of my time there. Which proved to be a complete drunken mistake because she keeps sending me flirty glances.

Then there's Jake, who is most likely planning my murder right now for being not only a total cock block, but punching him in the face. Oops.

I guess my feelings for Grace were bigger than I thought considering I punched a guy in the face to stop him from sleeping with her. The way she told me off though, I wasn't sure if I should've found that hot or scary. I never knew she had it in her. Alcohol can bring a lot in you that you would've never imagined yourself doing. Like snogging Kitty Walker.

"Alex!" I snapped my head up to Mrs. Riley as she pointed to the smart board.

"Name a cause of World War I!" She demanded. I made a 'psh' sound and crossed my arms.

"Totally that one guy, Otto Von Bismarck." I said maybe a little too confidently. The smart kids broke out into laughter and Mrs. Riley sighed and hit the back of her head on the smart board.

"He was dead before World War I." She said exasperated.

I wasn't really with it for the whole day. Though, history was my worst subject, my friends were concerned on how zoned out I was today. Even when lunch rolled around, Rian being all mature kept telling me to just show up at her house. Jack said the same thing and went on about the hot blondes that walked by. I would usually look with him but I wasn't interested anymore. The only thing on my mind was a certain red head, that was currently majorly pissed at me.

Jack shoved my shoulder and I gave him an annoyed look "what!" I snapped. He jerked his chin in a direction behind me and I looked to see Kitty Walker talking to her friends in the table behind us sneaking occasion glances. I rolled my eyes and turned back around to Jack as he was covering his mouth his shoulders shaking a little as he laughed.

"Shut it Barakat!" I snapped and pointed a finger at him. He pressed his lips in a thin line containing some of his laughter. Rian looked at me with an amused look on his face.

"So what are we all doing for Halloween this weekend?" I asked trying to change the subject quickly to avoid anything that had to do with the girl behind me.

"Trick or treating obviously." Jack said and held out his hand in an 'that was a stupid question' way.

"You should invite Gracie." Rian said with a shrug. I nodded. I didn't know if she wanted anything to do with me anyway. Since I basically told her how to live her life.

"He should invite Kat." Jack said wiggling his eyebrows. I sigh and hit my forehead.

"One time! Am I ever going to live this down?" I asked throwing my arms up in the air.

"No, but I suggest getting checked for any stds." Jack said stifling another laugh. I groaned and buried my head in my arms on the table. I just wanted this day to be over so that I could apologize to Grace. I still had no idea what I was going to do, what I was going to say, I wasn't planning any of this. Would it be bad if I winged it?

"I miss Grace." Rian said "I swear Gaskarth if you don't get my friend back I will. Find you. And I will kill you." He said. I think he was trying to mock that one movie with Liam Neeson, Taken? Yeah that one.