Chapter 9

Grace

I honestly just really did not want to go. Then again I thought, I want to make my friends happy. I don't want them to think I'm a party pooper. It sounds like a case of peer pressure, it's not though, I could've been persistent. But I can't say no to mom. She was so happy when I said yes I thought she would pass out.

Never, and I mean never, ever, have I ever heard my mom be supportive of me going to a party. She thought it would be best if she did my hair and picked out my outfit because apparently "she's hip." I just let her do what she wanted. You think that she can't do much considering she only has a broken arm, but as she's been using her fingers to comb through my hair and the curling iron in her other.

I have to say with the way my hair is turning out, she's doing a pretty good job. I thought what she was doing contrasted perfect with my red hair. Alex and Jack were waiting downstairs like a date for prom which I thought was funny. We could hear them from all the way upstairs. They were never quiet. I think they were fighting over food I'm not sure, but my mom was laughing so hard she had to put down the curling iron.

We heard footsteps running up the stairs and stop in front of my door. It was still the same room, but I felt kind of uncomfortable in here. There was a small knock on the door before the door opened really fast and Jack stood there with a pout on his face and Alex behind him eating a fruit roll up.

"He stole it." He pouted and crossed his arms.

"I had it first." Alex said with his mouth still full from the fruit roll up.

"Yeah, but he already had one and he ate the last one." He argued back. They went on to yell at each other and I stood up and held out my hand.

"Woah, woah, woah, you mean to tell me, that both of you, ate all of my fruit roll ups, and didn't save me one." I said. I tried to sound at least a little bit intimidating. I think it worked because they stepped back a step and shook their heads back and forth.

"Well, you see, here's the thing. I would've saved you the last one. But Alex ate it. Bye!" Jack said and ran in the direction of the stairs. Alex stood there with a deer in the headlights kind of look and he shook his head.

"Oh shit, are you mad cause those were your period foods or whatever you chicks call it." He said. My mom tried to stifle a laugh and was doing a pretty good job with it.

"I'll buy you more." He said and ran down the stairs. I heard a door slam shut and a car start before me and my mom started laughing. I snorted and she stopped laughing in surprise and started laughing again. Jack appeared in the doorway looking kind of scared and looked at us.

"What did you say to Alex?" He asked and leaned against the door frame.

"I didn't say anything, he just assumed something and left." I said. He nodded and pointed down the hall.

"I'm just gonna.." He trailed off and walked away.

"Well your hair is all done lets get you dressed." My mom said and smiled. As she was pulling out clothes from my closet the door opened and slammed shut and there was more yelling.

"DID YOU GET THE FRUIT ROLL UPS!"
"YEAH BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY THEY'RE FOR GRACIE!" Alex yelled back. My mom threw a tank top and a flannel at me and skinnies and I started stripping out of my pjs. I pulled the skinny jeans up and the door opened causing the wind to hit my back. Why the hell am I always walked in on when I'm getting dressed.

"I GOT THE-oh..." Alex said. My eyes were widened staring at him and he slowly backed up and ran towards the stairs with the bag in his hands. "IM SORRY!" He yelled.