Chapter 15

Alex

Tuesdays were literally the worst. There's multiple reasons why I feel that way. One, it's the day after Monday. Two, I have three more days of this stupid routine. Then three, detention.

Detention was like solitary confinement, except there's at least two other people in the room with you. The druggie, in the back probably snorting up some cocaine, the newbie, who was late who's here cause he was late to class and is in the corner spending his hour doing homework. Me, the asshole that doesn't give a fucking fuck about anything except getting home.

Yeah, I know I'm being an asshole, but I have not been in the best mood since yesterday. That fight with Grace seriously got to me, I was so angry all the time, that I was determined to go to homecoming with Lisa now. Of course, no one agreed with my decision, but does it look like I care? The answer is no, by the way.

All of last period, I was glaring at Ms. McDougall, who didn't seem to really acknowledge my presence, went on about our next project, write a song. Not just any song though, a song that means a lot to us, something like that. That's the only part I heard.

Grace wasn't in school all day, I doubt she'll even be at detention. There was a part of me that wasn't a total fuckface and actually wanted to fix things with her. Then there was the other part of me, that would rather slam my face into a two by four than to even consider talking to her.

I was over reacting for sure, I could see why she was so affected by what I told her because basically it was a way of cheating if you really think about it. Except, the whole touchy feely part.

Have you ever gotten so mad, that you just say whatever's on your mind to hurt that person's feelings? That's basically what happened with Grace. I really like Grace. I mean really like Grace.

Never in my life, have I ever felt this way for a girl, even Lisa, and now it's ruined. In absolute ruins. I wanted to pick up the pieces, I really did, but I couldn't see what was so good about it if it was all just going to come crashing back down.

The final bell rang and the whole class except Jack and Rian ran out.

"You coming dude?" Jack said as I swung my bag over my shoulder and shook my head.

"Can't man," I held up the pink slip and he opened his mouth in understanding. "Detention here I come." I said sourly as Jack and Rian walked with me towards the holding cell-I mean classroom.

"Don't you guys have to catch the bus?" I muttered irritably.

"Nah, Rian's mom is coming to pick us up, anyways have fun in detention." Jack said patting my back and walking away as I entered the classroom and stopped in my tracks. She was here. Sitting right there, at a desk, reading a book.

"Welcome back Gaskarth." The monitor said sourly as I handed her the slip.

"Hey Nancy, how's the kids?"

"Better than you!" She seethed and ripped the pass out of my hands and smashing it with the stamp, saying I was here. I clicked my tongue and winked at her, walking to my usual spot. Which just so happened to be diagonal behind Grace. Fan-fucking-tastic.

I had nothing better to do until four o'clock so I watched Grace read her book, turning the page every two minutes or so. I did this continuously for twenty minutes before I had to stop myself from being so damn creepy.

I sighed loudly causing everyone's attention to land onto me. Except Grace. I smiled and placed my feet on the desk, as the monitor glared at me.

"Alexander! Get your feet off of that desk! This is detention, not relaxation!" Nancy scolded slamming her newspaper onto the desk. I don't see why she hated me so much, maybe because I'm hot.