Chapter 12

Grace

Kissing Alex was, wow. I've never had a kiss like this before. Sure Jake was a good kisser, but damn I never thought a kiss could feel like this. Just the way his lips felt on mine was just pure ecstasy to me, I couldn't explain it any differently. Then again, being pressed against the wall in a full make out session with Alex was hot. I would have gone for more, if my mom didn't walk into the door with two Home Depot bags in her hand.

"Gracie, baby I got the-oh my..." She trailed off and put the bags down on the floor. I looked to my right my arms still firmly latched around Alex's neck, visibly no space between us and my cheeks probably the reddest they have ever been in my life. Never would I think my mom would walk in to me making out with someone. I detached my arms from around his neck and pushed him away as I turned to my mom. He turned towards the wall and put him hands in front of his jeans with red cheeks.

"I, Um, I'm, uhhhh," I said and and hid my face.

"Uh, I guess, it's a teenager thing. Um, I'm sorry, oh my god." She said picked up the bags "I got your paint." She said softly and held out the bags in her good hand. I grabbed them and looked down again. Damn, that was so embarrassing. I still AM embarrassed. My mom just walked in on me snogging my neighbor.

"So, are guys, like, together?" She asked making a gesture with her hands. I looked and Alex and saw him shaking his head and I did the same. I had to admit, that hurt. I thought that maybe after all of this confession stuff we did there would at least be a good result from it. Was I just another hookup? Damn, I didn't think it would hurt this bad not to be with Alex.

"Oh.." Was all she said

I looked at Alex and saw him looking down at his feet kicking imaginary dirt trying to hide his face. He looked just as embarrassed as me. I could only imagine what it felt like to be in his position. It wasn't his mom, it wasn't his dad. It was my mom. And she didn't look exactly horrified but surprised.

"Can, um, Alex help like paint?" I asked and held up the bag of blue and black paint. She nodded and walked off towards the kitchen, probably avoiding me for an hour to sort out or possibly forget the image of her daughter making out with someone.

"You have no choice." I said as I turned towards Alex who had his mouth open and a finger pointed towards the door, he lowered it and followed me up the stairs silently.

I opened my door and dragged him in behind me closing the door. My bed and dresser were all pulled away from the wall and there was enough space to walk through and paint.

"I'm so, so sorry." I said as I turned around.

"Why are you sorry when I'm the one that kissed you?" He asked "Which was pretty hot by the way." He added. I blushed and looked down at my feet. I poured some blue paint into the dish and grabbed a roller and handed it to him.

"Shut up and paint."

"Oh snappy now are we?" He asked as he rolled blue paint down the wall. I did the same next to him and growled. I just wanted to get this done already. It was going to be a long day of painting. With the two of us, it'll surely be quick.

"So why is Gracie mad?" Alex asked. I looked at the wall to see with the teamwork already half of it was done.

"Gracie isn't mad. Why are we talking in third person?" I asked and looked at him. He shrugged "Because Alex can and Alex will." He said. I rolled my eyes and started on the second half of the wall.

"I know you're mad, is it because your mom walked in on us?" I snapped my head towards him and shivered.

"Please," I said pronouncing each letter "DON'T remind me that my mom walked in with your tongue shoved down my throat." I said and shivered.