Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I looked around confused. How can my mum just come back out of nowhere?

“Can I help you?”

“Kasey, don’t you remember me?”   I was trying not to.

“No...Leave me alone. Why you here for?” I said by this time I was already walking away.

“Kasey, Kase please! I need help. Please. I’m sorry. I need you.” I walked back up to her and punched her in her face.

“All those times I begged you...”

“You’re not going to help me?” She said while looking at me slowly.

“Nah I aint.”

“All your good for is laying on your back. No daughter of mine.” She said while kissing her teeth.

“Well done.” I said before clapping and walking off.

I quickly made my way to the house, took some medicine. I then grabbed a couple of bin bags and then I made my way into the living room. I cleared everything and then threw it all away.

After I finished I logged onto Ryan's Laptop.  May the Job search begin.

I looked all over the internet in search for a job that had vacancies. 

None.

Half way through I turnt the laptop off and called Tyreece. There must be vacancies at footlocker.

He picked up sounding dead.

“Hello? What’d you want Kase?”

“Are you busy?”

“Yeah kind of.”

“Anyways I need a job.”

“Go Job Centre then” He said in an obvious tone.

“No! I wanna work with you. In footlocker.” I said while standing up

“There aint no vacancies.”

“No one has Vacancies seriously.” I said while kissing my teeth.

“Hmm...Imma be at yours in like 10 minutes. Get ready. I’ll take you to footlockers. Oh something. Be ready.”  I nodded like he could see me and then locked off.

I didn’t know what to do next. I sat down looking lost. I decided to make something to eat. Only thing was I couldn’t cook. I made my way to the kitchen and made a bowl of cereal. I ate it. 10 minutes later there was a knock on the door.  I ran to the door and opened it.

“Reeeeeece!” I said while opening up my arms.  He moved me to the side and walked in. “Ouch.”

“Why haven’t you changed?” He asked while looking me up and down.

“I don’t know what to wear and I was eating.”

“Fat shit. Let me choose for you.” We walked into my room and he threw some random clothes from my wardrobe at me.

“Seriously? Pyjamas.” He kissed his teeth, took them out of my hand and went back into my wardrobe. This time coming out with Chinos, plain white top and black blazer.

I quickly got undressed.

“Oh my...” I heard him gasp. I smirked.

“What?”

“Nothing...”

I nodded got changed and put my shoes on. I quickly brushed my hair back.

“I’m done...”I said before turning to look at him. His face had gone all red.  “Reece you alright? Badman blushing.” I said before laughing in his face.

“I don’t find it funny. Shut up. Let’s go.” I laughed once more before following him out of the house.

**

We stepped outside to see that it was raining.

“Please tell me you’ve got your car.”

“Yeah just around the corner...”

We ran around the corner and got into his car.

“Do you think they’ll give me the job?” I asked as he started up the car.

“Uhm....I don’t...We’ll have to wait and see.” We drove all the way there making small talk. I felt tears well up in my eyes.  “Oh my...have you taken your pills?” I shook my head.

“Nope...”  He shook his head.

“What am I going to do with you” I laughed slightly before putting my head against the window.

**

We walked into footlocker to see it was crowded. I thought everyone would be inside due to the rain.

“Yo Malakai is boss man in?” Tyreece asked some peng boy that was stacking boxes.

“Yeah he’s in his office, just walk in. Who’s this hot spice?”He said while winking at me.

“Nah don’t even try it fam, she’s mine.”  I laughed before following him into a room that was labelled Staff Office.

“Tyreece...”

“Ssh.” He tapped some bald man that had some slappable head. It was actually funny.

“Sir Can we talk to you for a second?” The man nodded and we followed him into another door in that room.

We took a seat.

“So Tyreece, how can I help you and your friend here?” The boss said while leaning back.

“Basically Kasey here needs a job but theres a problem...Kasey.” He said before nodding towards me. I took a deep breath before speaking.

“Uhm Hi...Kasey Harris. Basically I haven’t got any GCSES.” I said while looking at him

“And whys that?”

“I went to jail at the age of 12...but I’m looking to go college and start all other. And I really need a job.”  I said while pleading with my eyes.

“I can’t...I’m sorry.”

“But why...I’ll do anything.”

“I’m sorry Kasey. But no GCSEs and you’ve been prison. I just can’t do it. If you had GCSEs then yes....I’m sorry” 

That’s when I realised my life was over. I was dumb enough to get myself into this mess I would have to get myself out. Why did I have to be dumb enough to all of this? Why?

I stood up slowly trying to control my emotions.

“Thank you sir.” I looked at Tyreece shook my head and walked out.

“Kase! Wait!”

“Leave me the f*ck alone.” I shouted out before running off

**

I looked around my room throwing everything around.

“Where is it?!” I still couldn’t find it. I looked in my draws one more time.

“Finally.” I looked at the little bottle filled with pills. I quickly filled the bath tub up with water. I couldn’t be bothered to get undressed so I just jumped in. I let my clothes soak up before opening the bottle of pills.

Maybe my mum was right...The only thing I would ever be good at was laying on my back. I threw the pills down my throat and sunk deeper into the bath