Chapter Ten

Kyoya gazed around music room 3. The typical hype flowed around the room, but the beautiful background music was still missing. Some of the girls had noticed and asked about Mariko, but most didn't. Tamaki didn't want any of the girls knowing the true reason. He didn't want their pity.
Kyoya had his phone resting on the table before him, in case of a call from the doctors, but so far there had been nothing. He could a pair of eyes burning into him, but he didn't care. He knew who it was, especially after their encounter the same morning by Mariko's hospital bed.
********
Kyoya's eyes dropped to the twin's hand that rested in Mariko's, before shooting back up to stare at the red head. He knew which one it was. It was the one, he noticed, that had been trying the hardest to Mariko's attention, while his brother had been content with annoying Haruhi.
"Why are you here? Do the staff know?" Kyoya asked. "Even you should know there are rules that have to be followed in a hospital."
Kaoru looked up from Mariko and groaned. "I followed the procedure. Is there a reason you don't want me here?"
Kyoya paused. He couldn't prevent Kaoru from being here; no matter how much he tried. His eyes stared at the link of Kaoru and Mariko's hands. Mariko laid peacefully, not reacting to the touch of the host.
"You can touch her," Kyoya stated, a monotone to hide his true feelings. Kaoru's eyebrow furrowed, before Kyoya added. "She has reacted to every doctor and nurse that has tried to examine her. The only person who she has been peaceful with is Tamaki, and now you."
"So she reacted with you then," Kaoru asked, raising an eyebrow. He easily revealed to Kyoya through his body language that he was glad that he was one of the few that she was peaceful with.
"I have not tried my luck with that, but at the moment, I must report this new information to the doctors. I must warn you to get to school, as it is not known that Mariko is in this state and the teachers won't take it as an excuse."
With that, Kyoya walked from the hospital room. He understood why Mariko was peaceful with her brother, that explained itself, but with Kaoru? She froze up whenever the twins touched her.
********
Kyoya sighed when his father's number flashed across the screen of his phone. It was unusual for him to get a call from his father, but he didn't welcome it with open arms.
"Yes, Father?" Kyoya asked, answering his phone.
"I heard from the doctors about Miss Souh and her panic attacks while unconscious. I wish to try something with you and your friends. Come to the hospital as soon as possible. There's a car waiting out front," his father told him, before hanging up abruptly. He didn't allow his son a chance to speak.
Kyoya chucked his phone next to him on the couch and rubbed the tiredness from his eyes, before muttering under his breath. "Sure, Father. Not like I have other things to do."