Chapter 23

Lindsey

The week after the camping trip, we were off for winter break, which was well needed. I decided on taking this week to make the final move into Andre's apartment and finally get out of my cramped dorm room. I'm glad to be getting off campus but I was really gonna miss living with Asia and Sonya and constantly having Isaiah over though.

But I had basically been staying with Andre ever since he came back in town though and I really haven't been spending that much time with Asia and Sonya anyways. If Asia and Isaiah weren't going out to parties, kegs or clubs, they were chilling with Sonya and her new partner for the moment always acting wild. I just wasn't up for all the wild stuff they did back in college, so I distanced myself. But that distance came back to bite me in the ass though. I haven't talked to them in weeks and we were supposedly living together. That's why we decided to take the entire day out and spend time with each other.

We were in Paradise Creek, a mall in Beverly Hills, just spending money all afternoon. I don't know who Sonya was sleeping with now but she was just pulling hella bands out of her purse. Normally, she'd go straight to Sears, claiming that's all she can afford, but she went with Asia and I to the old money side of the mall today. She was all up in Gucci and Saks Fifth Avenue just throwing away money. She was buying everything in sight. And whatever she didn't have paper money for, she swiped somebody's black card to pay for everything.

"Bitch, who you fucking to let you spend all that money?" Asia asked as she looked past the rack of Versace shirts and eyed the bags Sonya was carrying.

"That's what I'm saying," I agreed with Asia but Sonya just smiled.

"Ladies, haven't we been through this before? I told y'all I'm rationing my shit to this nigga."

"Who are you sleeping with though? A CEO, somebody in the industry or a dope dealer?" Asia folded her arms. "It's gotta be one of the three 'cause ain't no basic nigga gonna let you run around blowing his money on meaningless shit like a pressing machine for your socks and draws. Who the hell buys shit like that?"

Sonya laughed. "Jealousy in the air tonight, I can tell," she sang, making me laugh too.

"Seriously," I spoke through laughs. "Why did you need to buy a sock press? You want creases in your socks and panties now?"

"It's what my man likes."

"So it's a man?" Asia asked.

"Hell yeah it's a man," Sonya replied.

"And what does he do for a living?" Asia asked.

Sonya rolled her eyes. "That's none of y'all's business. Just know my man takes care of me and my needs," she scoffed, eyeing the few bags each of us had in our hands. "Unlike y'all, I'm keeping my man satisfied instead of keeping shit going with a woman who's content with her man. Maybe y'all should take a few lessons from me on how to keep your man pleased because if you please his every need, he'll please your shopping desires in return. And I don't see y'all's niggas making money no ways, so stay out of my business."

Asia and I both looked at each other, confused. Why was Sonya riding this nigga she claims she's got so hard? If she's pleasing his needs, good for her but I'm not waiting on some nigga hand and foot just to get money to go shopping. Even if it was Andre, I wouldn't be sucking him up and letting him fuck whenever where ever just to please him. If I was that desperate, I'd continue getting money from my parents or make my own if I wanted to go shopping. And if I can't afford it, then I don't need it. Sonya's gonna learn one of these days that getting by on somebody else's money isn't gonna help her in the long wrong. Yeah, my girl's pretty and yeah, it'll be easy for her to get anybody she wants but her good looks are gonna fade eventually.