Chapter 8

After editing Nobody's Business, I FINALLY figured out how old Sincere and Effrin are and they aren't that old actually. Sincere had Victoria when she was 24, Effrin was 25. Since Victoria's 50 then that means they're 74 and 75. They're not as old as I thought they were.

***PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE purchase a copy of Nobody's Business on Amazon PLEASE. It's only $0.99. All you have to do is look up 'The Sideline Series' on Amazon and the book will come up.

Theodore III

*The previous night*

I managed to sneak out of the house, even though my nerves were eating me up inside. I climbed out of my bedroom window and I took Mama's car to go pick up Nicole. I couldn't get my car because my car was parked right in the front of the house and Mama would hear me starting it up, so I had to take Mama's. I just hope she doesn't find out because she's going to kill me for taking her car.

I pulled up in front of Nicole's trailer and blew the horn. I looked around, just scoping out the area. I wanted to spend time with Nicole but I hated coming over here. I wasn't scared or nothing but it just wasn't safe, especially since I pulled up in Mama's Camero. But it made it worse that I was riding around in this car and it was bright pink. It was embarrassing but it was my only mode of transportation right now.

Nicole stepped out of her home in this short, tight black dress that stopped right below her ass. I leaned to the side and got a good look at her ass as she pulled the door close. Shit, she looked good. I tore my eyes away from her when she turned around and started walking towards my car. I didn't need her thinking I was checking her out, nor did I need her thinking there was something more than the two of us being friends going on.

She pulled the door open and slid into the passenger's seat with a smile on her face. "Damn," she laughed. "I know we had your sisters' car on Friday but I didn't think your car was pink."

I smacked my lips as I pulled out of the trailer park. "It ain't mine. It's my Mama's."

"Oh, well she's got good taste. Was she the one after the game that was standing next to your fine ass Daddy?"

I hated how all of these bitches were always swooning over my Dad. He's old and married with children. Why would somebody want a man with all that baggage? "Yeah that was my Mama. Why?"

"She was a bitch. I don't even know why she had the nerve to say something to me, her and that old nigga and that other old bitch with the blonde hair. Who was they?"

I frowned. "My grandparents," I replied. "You need to chill out with the name calling. You don't even know them, especially my Mama. That's wack as hell for you to sit up here calling my Mama and my Grandma bitches."

She sighed. "I'm sorry Theodore, I didn't mean it like that."

"Well that's what it sounded like."

"Well I didn't mean it that way. I just meant that they were being rude to me after the game, that's all. You should have checked them for trying to call me out though. They were beyond rude."

"I can't check them," I replied.

If only she knew my Mama and Grandma. They'd beat the hell out of me for even thinking about checking them. I don't know if she runs things at her house, but in my parents' eyes, I'm a child and I have to listen to them and abide by their rules, even if they are wrong. They're my elders so I'm supposed to listen to them. That's why I know I'm going to be in big trouble if Mama catches me sneaking back in. She already told me she didn't want me talking to Nicole anymore, Grandma said this too, so I know they'll be upset.