Chapter 45

*A Little Treat For You Guys*

(Draco's POV)

"Bloody hell Potter! I swear on Merlin's fucking beard that if you do not shut that scared face of yours, that I shall inflicted a vast amount of pain on you!" I shouted, completely aware of my rude and unmannerly tone.

"Blimey, Malfoy! Harry was just joking!" Ugh! Weasley. I only put up with these annoying brutes for Alice's sake.

I took a deep breath. "Listen Weasley, I could care less if he was joking. I am a man, awaiting on an alter for his bride to show up and I do not need his unnecessary opinion on the matter."

Low class scum! I thought with a head shake. He better thank his stars for Alice.

"He didn't say anything wrong!" The Weasley girl appeared. I made a disgusted face. She sent a hex on me in our third year. I backed up involuntarily.

"Oh he didn't?" I laughed humourlessly. "Could have fooled me!"

"No! He just simply stated the possibility of her not coming." I rolled my eyes at her feeble attempt to make 'The Chosen One' look innocent. "I mean, let's face it Malfoy. It's no secret that Alice deserves the best and-"

"Wait! Are you insinuating that I'm not what's best for Alice?" I hissed, my eyes narrowing at her words.

"Well, honestly yes. Yes I am," she said frankly and I saw the whole lot of them, nod in agreement. I scoffed. It's my wedding day and this bunch of nosy sods feel the need to ruin it for me. "You are or were at one point, a death eater. And if it weren't for Alice and my parents than you'd be in Azkaban with your lousy father."

My anger boiled but I remained calmed. It's not like she wasn't telling the truth.

"Whatever," I spat before leaving those god forsaken pews and going over to my spot beside the priest. I began fiddling with my fingers as I tried to think straight.

Alice would never leave me. She told me she loved me and has even proven it on more than one occasion. I smirked. My lovely Alice. I still couldn't believe that she was mine. MINE. After everything we've been through, all of it, the good and the bad, she still stuck around. I still remember the first time I saw her and how my attraction to her started from then on.

"SLYTHERIN!"

The hat hadn't even touched my head yet. I smirked but secretly I was relieved. Father would have had a fit. I descended the few steps and made my way over to my designated seat at the Slytherin table. I sat down feeling good.

"Alice Kingsley," McGonagall beckoned and my attention turned at the sound of a girl's name. Kingsley was a very powerful wizard and very well known. I watched as a small girl walked quickly over to the seat while biting her shirt sleeve. I frowned. The sweater was obviously too big for her.

"What a fatso!" Pansy mocked across from me and I silently glared at her.

It was obvious that this girl was hidding something. Her shy composure, the way her eyes darted nervously across the room as she awaited the hat's desicion or maybe it was the simple fact that she wore a hat. My frown deepened. It was hard to see her face especially since she wore huge glasses, covering up her eyes. The hat soon chose Gryffindor and although I was a little upset at not being housed with this mysterious girl, I was happy to see her smiling radiantly as she ran over next to Granger. Ugh! Mudblood.

For the rest of the dinner I found my eyes flickering towards her direction. I didn't know why but this girl intrigued me. I shrugged and dug into my food. She was a Gryffindor after all.