Chapter 12

The next morning I woke up next to something warm. I curled up into it but it began to move around. I groaned in complaint as it began to leave. "No!" moaned in annoyance and I heard a manly chuckle.

"Alice love, let go I'm just getting the mail." He said gently but I refused to let go. If anything I tightened my grip on his shirt.

I heard him chuckle again before he wrapped his arms around my waist and thighs and hoisted me up. My eyes remained closed. I didn't care where we were going as long as he was with me. He held me with one arm and opened the window. Draco's really strong, I thought. 

"Alice, what's the owl's name?" He asked me and I opened one eye to look up at him. His face was relaxed and well rested while his hair stuck out at all different directions. He looked adorable. "Alice?"

"Tori." I answered, groggily.

"Tori!" He called to her and she landed expertly on his shoulder. Tori usually doesn't like stranger but as I rubbed my eyes I saw her nuzzle her head into his neck. Draco chuckled as her feather's tickled him. 

"Someone has a crush!" I teased and he looked down at me.

"Alice, you don't have to keep reminding yourself of the endless love that you have for me," he smirked and I rolled my eyes at him but I couldn't help but smile at his witty response. "Now what do you have there, Tori?" he asked as she handed him the letter.

I glanced down at the letter's symbol. It was my family's crest. I jumped down from Draco's arm and snatched the note. Then I remembered my injury from last night and I let out a soft cry as I fell on the floor.

"Are you alright? Why'd you do that?" Draco picked me up and sat me down on the bed.

I nodded and waved the note in his face. He noticed my family's crest and smiled, knowingly. I've been waiting weeks to hear from my father about our trip. I'm already pack and I'm ready to go, I just wanted to know where I had to meet my father. Whether he wanted me to apparate to a certain hotel or whether he was going to pick me up at the train station. 

I unfolded the letter and began to read.

My dearest Alice,

I regret to inform you that our trip has been canceled due to a last second job entry at the ministry. I tried my best but as head Auror I must attend. I'm sure you understand sweetheart but don't worry Pamela would be glad to have you over for the break. She told me she really misses you. Now be safe.

Your father.

I crumbled up the letter as tears fell down my cheeks. I stared at the carpet designed on the floor as Draco called my name. I did not respond. He took the crumbled up paper from hands and began to read it. As he did this, I stood up, ignoring the pain and began to gather my things. Once I was done, I was headed for the door but Draco stopped me.

"Oh Alice, I'm so sorry," he said sadly and I just nodded. I walked past him and walked all the way to my room. Draco followed me of course as I walked down the now empty corridors.

Everyone should be boarding the train or in the great hall saying their goodbyes but me, I'll have to endure a whole week with Pam. Soon I reached my room and went into the bathroom. Draco waited as I took a shower and changed into some black jeans he bought me, a black shirt and a baggy sweater, I previously owned. Then I reached into my bag and retrieved my precious hat. I put it on hiding all of my hair, except for my bangs.

"Alice, what are you doing?" Draco asked, worriedly.

"Nothing," I said dully as I picked up my suit case. Draco reached down and took it from me. "Draco!"