Chapter 36

Today was my trip to Hogsmeade with Draco. I sat by the window sill and overlooked the court yard. The clouds were aligning and the sky was darkening. I was seated across from the great hall  with Seamus. We were anxiously awaiting Draco's arrival. I groaned loudly, the carriages were already here and the Carrows will be lurking these halls any minute now for their daily hall inspection. Those bloody rats! I tapped my foot impatiently and Seamus sighed.

"Audrey relax," he soothed. "Ye guys won that trip to Hogsmeade fair and square."

I nodded, "Sorry."

Seamus smiled but it soon faded, "Malfoy's coming."

I turned my body but immediately clenched my fist when I saw his fiance with him. The nerve of him to bring her along. I mean, I brought Seamus but still that gives him the right to bring her. They approached us while glaring daggers. I kept a blank face.

Then I watched as Draco said a few words to her before he bent down and gave her a short kiss on the lips. It was a light peck but I felt my insides churning. She walked away smiling and I reflexively reached for my wand but Seamus had other plans. He pulled me close to him, resting his hands on the small of my back.

He bent down and whispered, "Don't come back single."

I smiled, "I wasn't planning to."

Seamus smiled before bending down and pressing his cool lips onto mine. The kiss was nice, I didn't feel any butterflies or fieworks but the kiss itself was satisfactory. I wrapped my arms around his neck bringing him closer. Paybacks a bitch, I thought as I felt his deadly glares digging holes at the back of my head. I heard footsteps marching over to us and I smirked into the kiss.

"Let's go Bennett! I don't have time to watch you snog your boyfriend all day long," Draco yelled as he latched onto my arm and towed me away from Seamus. I glared at Draco before turning back to Seamus and sending him a quick wink. I mouth 'Thank You' and he nodded with a small smile before disappearing.

Today's the day, I thought as we rode in the carriage. We were both silent but I didn't mind. I'll leave him alone...for now. For the moment, I preoccupied my mind by staring at the sky. It was dark and gloomy and the air was still, no doubt the calm before the storm. I suddenly felt stupid for not bringing a sweater but it's March. Spring is suppose to be in progress.

"Alice!" Draco called to me and I looked down to see that the carriage had stopped. We were here. I made no attempt to move and this aggrevated him. "Stupid girl!" he muttered and grabbed my wrist dragging me along with him.

I yanked my arm back and rubbed it. He was being a bit too aggresive for my taste. I've never seen Draco this jealous before. I wonder how this will go, I thought as we walked down the trail to Hogsmeade. We were almost there when lightning struck in the north and thunder hammered loudly above us. I screamed in fright and Draco laughed at me. I crossed my arms and walked ahead of him. He caught up but we were soon drenched in water.

"What the heck!" I pouted and Draco stared at me oddly. "What?" I snapped.

"What no- what the hell? or what the fuck?" he mocked. "What's wrong? Is cursing too much for a little princess like yourself?"

I rolled my eyes and ignored him as the water poured heavily upon us. My vision blurred and I could hardly make out the trees in front of me. "Draco, we need to find shelter!" I shouted.

"Well thank you Captian Obvious!"

I glared, "Oh quit it!" I paused and saw a huge house not too far from us. "Draco look a house!"

"That's the Shreiking Shack. We can't go in there, it's haunted!" he coward a bit and I slapped his arm.

"Stop being such a sissy," I scowled at him and began running towards the shack.