Chapter 3

The next few days were uneventful, aside from the usual bullying and teasing, it was bland. The only thing interesting was the fact the Draco kept talking to me. Whenever we're in class he asks about my home life and vaguely tell me about his. Pansy, however, is going ballistic. She doesn't like the fact the Draco is talking to me but he ignores her. But Pansy isn't the only one, Hermione has spoke to me three times in the past week about befriending 'Malfoy'. I want to listen to her but I can't judge him from what other people say. I need to see it for myself.

After lunch, I decided to skip Divination, it's not like Professor Trelawney would notice. I sighed happily as I made it to the Black Lake. I spotted my little hideaway behind a huge boulder and sat down. It was the beginning of September and it was still pretty hot outside. My hat wasn't helping either so I just opted to take off my sweater, leaving me in my white button down shirt. I took off my black shoes and black stockings, freeing my legs and feet from the heat. I laid back onto the soft green, grass and glanced up at the clear, blue sky. I stayed there in silence, enjoying the soft breeze that caressed my cheeks every now and then.

My peace was interrupted when I heard footsteps. I sat up and peeked from behind the boulder. My eye brows furrowed when I noticed that the footsteps belonged to Draco. He was standing at the edge of the peer, looking sadly at the water. He stared at it for a while before closing his eyes and falling backwards into the water. I gasped loudly but no one was around to hear it. I contemplated for a moment before running over to the peer and frantically searching the water for him but I saw nothing but a deep, dark never ending abyss.

A minute went by and he still hadn't surfaced. I panicked and took off my glasses, placed them down on the wood and jumped into the freezing, ice cold water. I swam as fast as I could, scanning my surroundings before a chunk of blonde hair caught my eye. I kicked my feet rapidly as I made my way over to him. The lack of oxygen made me feel faint and I longed to reach the surface but I could not fail him. I finally reach his hand. I proceeded to pulled him up to the top and onto the peer. I stared down at him, panting heavily but he was just lying there, unresponsive.

Then I remembered reading about mouth to mouth resuscitation but I paused. What if he got mad at me? I quickly ignored the thought, tilted his head up and pressed my trembling lips onto his soft ones. I breathe air inside of him before doing 30 chest compressions and then 2 breaths. I began to get exhausted but I willed myself to continue. I was giving him mouth to mouth when I felt his lips move. I shot up as he coughed up the water in his lungs. He stared at me wide eyed for a moment and I couldn't imagine why. He stared at me in awe.

"Are you alright, Draco?" I asked tenderly and his eyes went wide like saucers.

"Alice?" he asked shocked.

I raised an eyebrow at this. "Of course it's me. How are you feeling?" I panted.

"I'm-" he coughed. "Fine."

"Good, now let's get you inside before you catch a cold." I went to stand up but he pulled me back down. His face expression was unreadable. "What is it, Draco?"

"Alice...your hat." My face paled as I reach up and realized that my hat was missing. My eyes got teary and I ran to the edge frantically searching for my hat but the effort was futile. The Black Lake had gobbled it up.

"Oh, Draco. I'm sorry you had to see me like this." I cried. He reached up and gently wiped my tears away.

"Don't cry Alice, trust me you don't look ugly, far from it actually." He blushed and I looked down to find my wet shirt sticking to my flat stomach making my body shape more define, while my red bra was visible threw the white shirt. He glanced down at my slender legs and blushed even more. It was odd to see his pale complexion, all pink and flustered.