Chapter 33

I was currently in Snape's living room awaiting a potion he would make for me regularly that way my hair would turn temporarily brown instead of my natural intense blonde. I sat down fiddling with my fingers and tapping my foot on the floor impatiently. Snape and I had gone over the details at least three times. We rehearsed on anything I might encounter and if I need him to go straight to his office. He's going to tell the Carrows that I'm his niece that way they won't bother me.

Anyways so here's my new identity. My name is Audrey Bennett and I am a half-blood. My mother married a muggle and had me but I look mostly like my father, hence the brown hair instead of black. My mother died in a car accident with my 'father' and now I am under the care of my uncle, Snape. I shall have a regular sorting hat ceremony seeing as I am a new student.

Unfortunately, Snape cannot influence the hat's decision and put me in Slytherin, where it would be much easier to win Draco back. I'll just have to win him over in whatever house I get into. Afterall no matter how much I try, I am not the same Alice that left Hogwarts a couple of months ago. No! I am different and I hope Draco doesn't mind too much.

My body jumped when Snape set a large vile filled with an odd blue liquid on the small coffee table. "Drink a teaspoon every morning and your hair color will change. The moment it runs out, you come to me for more." I nodded and watched as he poured me a teaspoon of it. "It will only last you until night fall so you need to go straight to your room after dinner, understood?"

"Yes," I paused and managed a small smile. "Thank you."

He nodded though I knew he was happy inside. Snape's a very complicated person but just like everyone else he needs someone to care for him and vice-versa. I really hope he finds someone in life. "Here," he said and I put the spoon in my mouth and drank it. It didn't tast nasty at all like I expected, instead it was a very complex blueberry flavor.

My eyes widened in awe as my head began to tingle lightly. After a moment it stopped and I stood up and walked over to the mirror. I smiled at my reflection. The only thing that looked like the old Alice is my eyes but they go perfectly with my new brown hair. I looked like my father now and that thought made me extremely happy. I was still myself but could easily pass as a stranger to everyone, well  to everyone else except Draco. He'll know that it's me and that's exactly what I am counting on to win him back.

"Ready to take our leave, Alice?" Snape said from behind me and I nodded gratefully before taking his arm as he apparated us to Hogwarts. 

My eyes opened and I let a soft smile grace my features. We were in Dumbledore's office and for some odd reason it made me feel better. If it wasn't for him, I probably would have died trying to kill all of those death eaters on my own and from what Hermione told me, Dumbledore never even raised his wand at Draco. My fingers gently traced his desk. He was a great man, I thought sincerely before being pulled out of my thoughts.

"Ms. Bennett?" I turned and looked over at Snape with an odd expression. He sighed, "You need to get used to that last name. That is what everyone will call you, that is what you will be known as from now on."

I nodded, "What happens if Fenrir escapes? Won't I be discovered and killed?"

Snape shook his head, "No Alice he is under maximun security and the dark lord does not plan to help him escape. That is his punishment for being captured." I made a huge 'O' with my mouth and nodded. "Very well, dinner is about to commence. Let's be on our way."

Snape didn't even give me a chance to answer, he just walked out of his office leaving me to shake nervously. I soon followed but the nerves were eating me up inside. I haven't seen Draco since the night he found out I was alive. Admittedly, I was scared. Draco wrote in the letter that it was best if we weren't together. What if he really means it? I took a deep breath as we approached the huge double doors leading into the great hall.