Rule 13

Rule 13 - not proofread so please ignore any mistakes. 

                 "I'm not totally comfortable with this," I said and Dev raised his eyebrows.

                    "For once, I'll have to agree with you, Al," he replied, giving Ash a look. Ash, on the other hand, looked pretty satisfied with his work.                          

                          Because we had absolutely no ideas about who had cut Ash's brakes, we needed to conduct some investigations. Unfortunately, that meant involving me in a plan. I'd been down the garage that Dev worked at, but he knew all the people in there, so he could talk to them himself.                 But, and it was a big but, there was another garage on the other side of town that nobody knew anybody from. A few people came to the races from there so we were going to check it out. Unfortunately, they knew Ash and Dev but they didn't know me.

                     Sid had leant me some tight black skinny jeans and a top with a low neck line. According to both Sid, Ash and Matt, they'd be more interested to talk to me if I showed some skin. I, on the other hand, wanted to send Sid instead of me as I couldn't flirt or investigate for my life.                

                 "I really don't think I can do this," I argued and Ash sighed, running his hand down his face.                

                  "Al, you need to go in there, ask for a bike repair on the brake line specifically, okay?" he said. I shook my head, gesturing at my attire.

                "I understand that. I just don't understand why I have to do it in this. Why can't I go in with my hoodie and baggy jeans?" I asked. Dev let out a breath and turned to his lodger.                

                "Because they're more likely to tell a hot girl stuff!" Ash said and Dev raised an eyebrow. "You know what I mean," Ash dismissed. My cousin just rolled his eyes.

                "I see where you're coming from but why can't you recruit the girls you bring back here?" I asked and Ash blew through his nose deeply, as though dealing with me was the most stressful thing he'd ever had to do.

                "Because they'd be about as useful as a cup of water in a forest fire," Ash countered and I raised an eyebrow.

                "A cup of water might save a squirrel's life," I said and Ash gave me a blank look, pursing his lips. Dev let out a chuckle and  patted my back.

                "Can't argue with that," he added and Ash groaned, grabbing his jacket.

                "I'm off, have fun," Ash chided as he walked out the door and on his way to the bar. He was going to be going over the list of riders with Matt and crossing off who he didn't think was a suspect.               Dev twirled his keys around his finger and grinned.