Rule 8

Rule 8 (Not proofread, please ignore any mistakes, I'll fix them at the end).

            "You should've asked me," Melinda drawled, resting her hand playfully on Ash's arm. Dev and Sid were standing next to me, watching the two of them in disbelief. Ash shrugged.

            "Your sister is... more suited," Ash explained. I raised an eyebrow and Melinda chuckled.

            "Why? Are they looking for unintelligent slackers?" she joked.

            "He's not taking you because he doesn't want to spend the evening with a snobby, callous and shallow little bitch," Sid countered. My sister didn't like Sid very much when she first walked through the door, but she liked her even less now. I, on the other hand, gained so much respect for the girl, I could've kissed her.

            "Right, Mel, don't you have a train to catch?" Dev asked, grabbing the suitcases that were piled near the door. Melinda nodded, sneering at Sid as she went past.

            "Bye," she called over her shoulder, not even looking back. Dev rolled his eyes and gave my shoulder a reassuring rub.

            "Ignore her, okay?" he whispered before backing out and into the passage. As soon as the door slammed shut, I groaned and dropped onto the sofa.

            Sid just shook her head angrily. We'd gone shopping this morning at 9, making it seem as though I was going college. I just didn't expect Melinda to still be here when we got back. She was meant to leave on Thursday, but stayed until Saturday due to some failure with the trains. I took it as she thought she could bed Ash in the four days that she stayed here so stuck around.

            "I've got to go to work, Al, but you're all set for tonight now, right?" she asked. I nodded and smiled gratefully.

            "Yeah, thanks. And thank you for what you said earlier," I added. She smiled in return and gave me a quick hug.

            "No problem. Just do me a favour and hit her next time." I grinned and said my goodbyes, just leaving me with Ash in the living room.

            "I'm not sure how the pair of you are from the same parents," Ash muttered, rubbing his hand over his face.

            "I often wonder if I'm adopted," I muttered and dropped onto the sofa. It had been replaced, mainly because Melinda paid for it out of 'guilt'. Dev and I put money on the fact that it was so she could seduce Ash on the sofa.