Rule 9

Rule 9 (Not proofread so ignore any mistakes, I'll fix them at the end. Also, not overly happy with this chapter but it is merely a filler for what's next to come with Ash and Ryder).

            I leaned on the bar and gave Sid a sad look, who just smirked.

            "Hey, it was you that wanted the job here," she replied. I nodded and pushed back, resting on the column next to the bar.

            "I know, but I didn't know it was so quiet here," I justified. Sid shrugged, moving to rest on the bar stool.

            Ash had stayed true to his word and spoke to his mum, landing me the job by Monday morning. I'd been there two hours and served three people. One of them was Dev, who ordered a pity drink just to make me sound important.

            "It's always this quiet in here unless there's a bike race on out the back," she said, twirling her newly dyed hair. This time, it contained shades of violet where the red had been beforehand.

            "Good morning," Matt grumbled, pushing through the door, looking like one of the zombies from The Walking Dead.

            "Someone looks rough," Sid mocked when he slumped down behind the bar with a bottle of water. "Too many alchopops, honey?" she cooed with fake sympathy. I smiled and raised an eyebrow in Matt's direction.

            "It was vodka and piss off," he responded with a small smirk, shoving her as he leaned forwards. "How's your first day, newbie?" he asked me and I shrugged.

            "Pretty uneventful if I'm honest." He nodded, obviously expecting that response.

            "You'd better get used to that." After saying that he was going out to the store room, Sid and I made a bet that he'd either fall asleep or pass out in there and we wouldn't see him for a few hours.

            "Are you coming tonight?" Sid asked me a few hours later, just as we were closing up.

            "Where are you going?" I enquired, leaning on a chair. She appraised me with a raised eyebrow and shook her head.

            "Clearly not. Well, our friend Nate is having a party at his dad's place and we're all going. It would be somewhere for you to meet some new people," she offered and then paused. "Plus, I kind of want to see what you're like drunk," she added. I mulled it over for a moment and then nodded.