Chapter 24

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

all rights reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared blankly at the dull concrete wall. My face still wet with tears my heart aching from the lose of Xavier. I was nothing my soul and spirit was gone and all that was left was an empty shell that happened to in habit the space my once carefree and happy self lived in. My breathing was slow and labored the only sound was the shallow sound of my breath as air left and invaded my lungs.

My body was covered with dirt from the floor but I didn't care I was to broken and hollow to care about anything. I just sat there hugging my legs to my chest and resting my chin on my knees staring blankly into space.

My senses were on high alert, I could hear voice coming from every direction but none of the conversation was directed my way. I was both fearful and relieved that no one had bothered me.

I had been in this concrete hell for two days straight the commotion of what was going on around me helped me identify when it was day and night.

The soft murmurs of the two guards that were somewhere in the distance told me it was getting closer to night time. It amazed me how many people Luca had following. From the different types of voices I heard there were at least 15 males in this darn places and maybe 5 females, no doubt to for-fill male needs. My skin crawled as I cringed for those poor females. The conversations I had heard from these males weren't pleasant at all but I was also glad that there idea of pleasure wasn't forced upon me.

I had no idea what Luca was planning but I knew he was defiantly planning something, I didn't have to be able to see or hear him to know that. The fact that I was still locked up in this and not dead like he was originally planning just proved that he was planning something.

The sharp echos of thudding foot steps made me jump. I knew those foot steps, I they haunted me just as much as their owners voice and figure.

Luca.

After the first incident with him and discovering my beloved mate had died I hadn't seen Luca and I didn't want to I would rather rot in this cell that be anywhere near him, but it seemed in the next few seconds I really wouldn't have a choice.

The large heavily enforced door was shoved open and slammed against the wall, making me jump.

I looked down at the floor just focusing on the cracks in the concrete so that I wouldn't have to see his face, because I knew there would be a smug smirk on his face. My fingers dug into my legs my nails slicing the skin but I I held back my wince, I couldn't act weak anymore in front of Luca, he had already seen to much of my weakness.

His presence scared me because I knew I was still weak and he would be able to throw me around like a forgotten rag with the state I was in, I barely had the strength to sit up I was using the wall to support me.

Anger sparked in me as I cursed myself doubting my strength and letting myself fear him, the anger grew as I remembered how I had let him see my cry and for letting him lay a hand on me, my nails dug into my skin more as I held back all the aggression in me.