Chapter 15

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

all rights reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Numbness.

That was all I felt as I drove around the streets. I had no idea where I was going. I just drove around getting further and further away from Staten's house.

It wasn't easy leaving Staten's partly because every cell in my body wanted me to stay and partly because Staten and Cira kept trying to keep me in the house, until Xavier told them to let me go.

My heart beat rapidly as everything rushed through my mind but I felt nothing of it. I was numb.

My argument with Xavier hadn't exactly ended well. It hadn't ended badly either, and it hurt me at the start but then my mind kept taunting me saying how weak I was and that I needed to grow a spine, and now I just felt numb about the whole thing.

I knew it was heartless of me but I couldn't push it back, part of me wanted to fall apart. To feel some sort of emotion and just let it all out but the other part of me wasn't going to let it happen.

There was a cold part in me that just wanted to such everything off, to feel no remorse or sorrow even happiness. It was like that part of me just wanted to be a robot and I think that was the vampire instincts. We were able to just shut our emotions off if we didn't want to feel anything, because everything was heightened for us, our emotions our senses our strength everything was heightened and some resorted to shutting our emotions off because it was just to much to handle.

I didn't want to slip into that robotic state I was scared that I would because everything was so unstable at the moment.

A horn blared and I jumped blinking a few times as I realized that the traffic light had turned green and I hadn't moved making the other people in their cars behind me impatient.

I got a grip on myself and pushed down on the acceleration heading off to no where in particular.

It wasn't before long that I found myself in my old neighborhood. I had gotten rid of the stolen car because I didn't want the hunters chasing after me let along the local police. I didn't need more trouble to I dropped the car back at the car park I had stolen it from and was amazed to find Staten's Ducati was still there which brought up my luck, but I still kept my eyes pealed for any hunters or the police.

Looking around as I drove everything was the same. My neighbors, the Weston's had there lights on in the house and I smiled at that.

They were the weirdos in our neighborhood. Always up when they shouldn't be and asleep when everyone else was awake and about. I slowed down just before I saw my old house and my heart jumped. The house was the same, the grass on the front lawn had grown longer because nobody had cut it but other than that everything was the same.

When Xavier and I left for Romania we hadn't sold my house we just kept it and paid the bills for it. I didn't even bother to rent it out because I didn't want other people living in my house and messing everything up.

I pulled up into the drive way and parked the bike at the side of the house so it was out of site and cut the Ducati's engine. My eyes scanned all over the house taking in everything and printing it to memory as well as remembering every nook and cranny on the outside of the house.

I slowly got off the bike and stood on the drive way. My heart beating quickening as memories flooded.

A younger me running around with my dad in the front yard as the sprinkler hit me. My squeals of happiness echoed through my mind as I took slow steps around the garden that mum and I had put together. The first time Crissy had gotten out of the house and decided to run around in the front yard while mum and I stood on the front porch laughing at her after we knew she wasn't going to run away.