Chapter 11

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

all rights reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I glared at Jayden and his conniving smile as I tried to push myself away from Xavier, but his arms wouldn't budge enraging me more. The heat that I had felt before in Xavier arms diminished completely and was replaced with cold dread and anger.

"I see I'm interrupting something" chuckled Jayden.

My eyes snapped up to his and I hissed at him hoping my glare would show him just how much I wanted to bite his head off in that very moment.

"Such a shame I'm going to end things here Selena" he laughed as his fellow hunters stood behind him smirking. My eyes widened slightly and I growled at them flashing my fangs menacingly.

Xavier's hold tightened to the point that if I were human a bruise would have defiantly formed. Using all my strength I managed to loosen his hold but he still held me close to his side as faced Jayden and the other hunters.

"I suggest you leave my mate and I alone before you die" Xavier growled out. I shivered at his words. 

A long time I ago I would have been turned on by his words and gotten excited at the word mate, hell part of me still was but I held back the shiver and kept my face straight. I wouldn't let Xavier see that it would show my weakness it would make him think that I needed him to protect me, that things were back to normal and no matter how much I caved into my body just before that was not the case.

"Your mate aye?" Jayden questioned with a raised eyebrow. I turned to him and glared knowing he was thinking about what he had seen between Staten and I. Jayden winked at me and licked his bottom lip.

I clenched my fists, that look told me he was planning to tell Xavier about the little seen with Staten and as much as I knew nothing had happened and that I didn't feel anything for Staten I couldn't bare for Xavier to know that Staten had almost kissed me and nibbled on my neck.

Xavier was possessive of me and after being away from each other for so long there was no doubt that that possessiveness had grown, so to hear that your best friend who was supposed to be looking after your mate and making sure she didn't do anything crazy had his hands all over her would do more than tick any male off and it would crush Xavier, maybe even send him on a rampage and I didn't want that.

"You have quite a slut for a mate there Prince" Jayden said cunningly.

Xavier hunched forward and growled baring his fangs at Jayden. "What's he talking about" Xavier growled out.

Even though Xavier wasn't looking at me I knew his question was directed to me.

"Nothing" I growled out through clenched teeth. I wasn't angry at the fact that Jayden had called me a slut, I was angry at the fact that he had the nerve to mention the little incident to make him jealous to Xavier.