Chapter 6

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

all rights reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Selena" came a voice. My body shook gently and I frowned. 

What the hell was going on. I moaned and moved my arm swatting at nothing.

There was a soft laugh and my eyes snapped out. My vision was slightly blurry and my head throbbed. Clutching my head I felt something damp on my forehead. 

A dark figure stood above me and I jolted with shock.

Blinking a few times my vision cleared up and the dark figure with Staten's features.

I sighed in relief but then frowned. Why the hell was Staten leaning over me and where the hell was I?

Looking around I noticed I was in Staten house. We were in the living room the t.v was playing softly and the room was slightly dark. The coffee table had stack of files all over it and the couch I was on was lumpier than usual.

"What's going on?" I asked as I tried to sit up.

Staten frowned at me ad he grabbed my shoulders trying to push me back down.

"You fainted, someone broke into your unit so your staying with me. I brought all your stuff so we don't have to go back" he said softly.

I narrowed my eyes at him. It was all coming back to me now the dizziness I felt when I got home and my unit was turned upside down, the smell, the voice in my head and then me fainting.

Everything had gone so quickly, but I still didn't understand why I fainted, and I couldn't get over that voice in my head. Ever since I heard it I had had a headache and felt dizzy. Before I had felt nothing of it but now I wasn't so sure and it was freaking me out a bit.

The one thing that I questioned about whats Staten had said was that I we don't have to go back to my unit. I didn't agree with that. I had to go back to my unit. I needed to figure out who had broken into my unit, and the smell that was in my unit was vaguely familiar but I just couldn't place where I had smelt it before.

"Are you feeling better. You look better before you were so pale" Staten said worriedly.

"Yeah I feel fine I just don't understand why I fainted" I murmured as I took off the damp thing that I realized was a wash cloth.

"You looked really pale and dizzy. You were like that all day but I knew you were trying to hide it" he said softly. I scooted over slightly and he sat down next to me. "You really worried me Lena. I knew you were trying to be strong but when you kept pushing me away when I tried to help I just felt so beside myself" he murmured more to himself than to me.

I lent up slowly and looked into his eyes seeing he was saying the truth. He really was worried and he had been beside himself. I didn't quiet understand why he would be so worried about me and I was hoping it wasn't in a romantic way but it made me feel bad that I had worried him. I didn't want Staten to worry about me that wasn't job. It wasn't anyone's job to worry about me. I could look after myself.

"You don't need to worry about me" I told him placing my hand on his shoulder.

He flinched slightly and looked down at his hands. "I'm so mixed up right now. Lena, I have these feelings but I can't let myself act on them. It's not fair to either of us or Xavier and I can't do that to him what happened yesterday-" his sentence cut off as he shook his head violently. He looked like he was in so much pain.