Chapter 10

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

all rights reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I turned a sharp corner and found myself on the main street that wasn't far away from Staten's house.

I decided to take a longer more confusing route to Staten's house in case any hunters were following me. Out of everything that had happened the past couple of days my paranoia had spiked through the roof right at this very moment. I could literally feel myself becoming some crazy lady, that thought she had people forever coming after her.

Looking in the review mirror of the ducati I noticed a dark van following me. My heart rate execrated as I realized it had been following me for a while and I mentally kicked myself for not noticing the van sooner. 

Luckily I had been taking the long route to Staten's otherwise I would have been at his house by now and the place would have been swarmed with hunters.

I growled low in my throat and waited for the right moment before I intercepted into on coming traffic and cut across the footpath and into the community plaza. There were shocked gasps and screams as people ran out of the way.

I felt bad that I was causing such a scene and drawing so much attention. Being a vampire I didn't want attention from the general public but I had no choice I was getting desperate to get away from these hunters ad what better escape route than screaming panicked people in a plaza.

Just as I past a less occupied area of the plaza more screams echoed over the hum of my engine. Turning a my head slightly and saw the van that had been following me, plunged into the plaza at an alarming rate people diving out of the way. Peering into the windscreen I noticed a very familiar neighbor in the drivers seat with a cunning smirk on his face and a gun in his hand. My heart rate picked up more panic adding to the situation. 

I wasn't scared of guns, it would be a cold day in hell when I became scared of a gun, the only reason I felt panicked was because there were people around and Jayden was a hunter which ment that gun wasn't loaded with just any normal bullets. Now like I said before I wasn't scared of guns but those bullets did have my heart racing slightly.

The loud bang of bullets pelting out of the weapons behind me as the biting into the concrete cutting it close to my tires. More screams erupted from the locals around the plaza and I tired to zig-zag in between little stands to avert the bullets from hitting me.

I needed to think quickly this whole plan of escaping through the plaza wasn't working well and too many people could get hurt I needed a better escape route and I needed one fast.

I bit my bottom lip as ideas started running through my mind. The only option I had was to ditch the bike which I didn't want to seeing at it was Staten's and try and to hid in the shopping centre across from the plaza.

It was a long shot considering I still had these hunters on my tail firing bullets like they had an endless supply - which they probably did.