Chapter 9

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

all rights reseved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its been a few days-three more like it-and I still can't get that night out of my head. I couldn't explain what I was still feeling all I knew was that I had to run away form Xavier. At that moment three days ago it was just primal instinct to me. I didn't like it my heart broke as I ran away from him.

When I closed my eyes and that included blinking he was all I saw, he had gained more muscle than he had before making him look a bit older and more manly than he was before, his eyes were harder and wiser everything about him screamed pure male, but there was also I lot of sadness that surrounded him which was no doubt my fault. 

I wanted to go back and throw myself into his arms and beg him to forgive me and just hold me, but part of me wasn't ready for that yet and that was why I had ran. I felt so lonely and hollo now, even more than I had before I as I sat by the window and stared at Jayden's unit.

I was determined to find out what was up with him, and throwing myself into this task was keeping my mind off Xavier. Well almost.

For the past three days Jayden hadn't done anything suspicious but I still felt that something about him was off, and the smell in his house that I remembered from the last time I had been there was distinctly smelt like hunters and even if Jayden wasn't a full hunter he still might of had something to do with the horrid organisation and I was determined to find out what.

I straight my posture easing out the tension in my back as I noticed movement in Jayden's unit. Looking down at my watch quickly I saw that it was five in the morning which ment I hadn't slept for 72 hours. For the past three days I had insomnia and all because my mind wouldn't calm down and kept tormenting me for running away from Xavier. My phone hadn't stopped ringing either but I decided to ignore it because I didn't want to talk to anyone.

My ears pricked up on high alert as the locks on Jayden front door clicked out of place and he stepped out. He locked around suspiciously as he locked his unit back up and made a hasty dash for his car.

I shot up following him to the other window that was at the front of the house and crouched down waiting for him to start up his car and disappear down the road. Watching him for the past few days I knew that there was a chance he wouldn't gee gone for a long time but I was hoping he would be gone for a while like on the rare occasion he would disappear for a few hours.

When the rumble of the car started up my heart quickened and I got to me feet heading for the door waiting for the rumble of his shit can Nissan to disappear down the road.

The rumbles finally disappeared and I didn't waist any time grabbing my blade from the side table along with my throwing stars and a pistol just incase. Slipping on some gloves so my prints wouldn't show up on anything I touched I also pocketed a lock-picking case and took in some deep breaths trying to prepare myself incase I found anything.

Opening the door I locked it behind me and sunk over to Jayden's unit scanning my eyes for anything suspicious or if any of the other people in their units were looking around. I didn't want to get caught, I wanted to be in and out of Jayden's unit without a trace of my existence. I crept over to the side window that was closer to my unit and pulled out my lock-picking kit. Checking the lock on the window I noticed that it also had a latch. Piece of cake I thought as I smiled to myself.

The latch flipped easily and I put away my lock-picking case before opening up the window. I slipped inside carefully and propped the window open with a sturdy vase that was close by.