Chapter 23

Copyrights 2013 © Elena Sgro

all rights reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Selena" came a whisper.

I flinched my eyes snapping open and I quickly took in my surroundings my senses on high alert. My body ached with tension in my muscles and I knew my body had been stiff the whole time I was unconscious, the hard ground that I laid on didn't help either.

My heart jumped and a lump form in my throat at the thought of Xavier. I had no idea if he was still alive, where he was if he was okay if he was alive because my connection towards him and our bond was completely shut off.

My heart rate quickened as panic set in and I whimpered, the though of Xavier's lifeless body was just laying in the backyard dead killed me, because I could have prevented it but I was to weak to do anything.

I hated being weak, I was supposed to be the chosen one and yet I was to weak to help my own mate. I had let my cravings take over and drank Stewart's blood even though I knew I was allergic to it.

My fists clenched as I pushed myself of the cold concrete floor and leaned against the wall, my body was still weak and I felt so drained. Tears slipped from my eyes as I brought my knees up to my chest my body shook with rage and sorrow as a weeped over Xavier.

The need for my mate taking over and dying with loneliness because I had no way of knowing if he would come for me of if he was even alive. The lose of the connection to him was what hit me the most and I knew this was what loosing a mate felt like.

"Selena" came the whisper again.

I jumped and looked around frantically, the dark concrete wall seemed more menacing around me now, like the were closing in on me and the temperate in the room dropped furiously.

Goose-bumps scattered over my skin leaving shivers run through my body. The cold temperature and the hushed whisper that said my name unsettled me and I tried to stop the tears that still streamed down my cheeks but they wouldn't stop I was to distraught thinking about the lose of Xavier.

"Selena" said a sweet melodic voice, one that made my heart beat and my chest swarm with love.

"Xavier" I breathed as I whipped my eyes ad sat up looking around for any sign of him.

"Selena" the voice said again. My hands shook in fear as the room got darker and my beautiful Xavier didn't appear the suspicion that I was going insane and hearing Xavier's voice when he wasn't really there.

"Xavier please" I breathed the air escaping my lungs.

His voice saying my name over and over in my head and I started to expect the thought of insanity because if Xavier wasn't alive and with me I didn't want to be sane, I didn't want to live knowing that I couldn't be with Xavier.