Chapter 2

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I groan and roll over shutting my alarm off by smashing my hand against it. I look at the clock and it reads 7:23. I slept through twenty three minutes of my alarm beeping.

I jump out of bed and throw on sweatpants and a t-shirt, pulling my hair back in a pony. I run down the stairs to find Jackson and Trenton smirking at me.

"Sleeping in now huh?" Asked Trenton.

"Oh shut up," I say as I make myself breakfast.

*****

By the time Jackson and I got to the bus stop everyone was already on the bus.

"You coming?" The driver scowls at us impatiently.

"Ya sorry," I reply.

We get on the bus and Jackson goes over to some of his friends as I find Imre and sit down next to her.

"Second day of school, are you ready?" She asks cheerfully.

"Nope."

*****

As Imre and I walk to our lockers (thankfully our lockers are side by side) I see Prudence, wishing I hadn't.

"Well well well, if it isn't Robin Cabot. The girl who thinks she can just stroll on in here and play football." She sneers while the group of girls following her giggles.

I look at the group who are all wearing short spandex and low, like extremely low, V-neck shirts. Sluts. I think.

"Aww look. She is afraid of a group of hot cheerleaders," she says puckering out her bottom lip.

Imre tugs on my arm in the direction of our lockers and I follow her reluctantly. That little brat.

What bugs me about her is that she is actually kind of pretty. Not that I find her attractive or anything. But her name though. Haha. Prudence?? Really?! Ha I guess that one came back to bite her in that pretty butt of hers.

School goes by in a blur. Thankfully I don't run into Prudence again in the halls and she leaves me alone in class. After the last bell rings I gather up my books and go to my locker.

I grab my football bag (which is mainly empty right now since I haven't gotten my pads yet) and head to the girls locker room.

As I grab the door handle someone grabs my arm and yanks me aside, wrapping one hand around my waist and putting another over my mouth. I try to scream, but he squeezes me to shut me up.

I am about 5"8 and 140 lbs. No, I'm not fat, but I'm not skinny either. I'm slim and full of muscle, but you can't really tell since I usually wear sweatshirts and sweatpants.

Soon I find myself held down by five guys. (yes it took five guys to hold me down) It was dark so I figured we were in the girls locker room. (since that was the nearest door around)

"Are you the girl who thinks she can play football?" One of them ask.

"No." I reply.

"Moron I thought you said she was her!" One guy yelled at the first.

"I swear it was!" He said.

There was silence. The guy's grips started to loosen on me while they were trying to study me.

"You're lying, you-"

I cut him off, "I don't think I can play, I know I can." As I finish my sentence I pull my body away from their grasps and run towards the faint light coming through the cracks in the door.

As I push the door open someone grabs me from behind and pulls me back as I yelp.

"Gotta" he says. "You won't be going anywhere soon."

And with that they tie my hands and feet together and duck tape my mouth. Then they put a blindfold on me and shove me into a locker shutting and locking it.

"There is no way I'm going to have a girl play on my team," I hear a voice say.

And then the door shuts.