Chapter 19 - UNCUT

Chapter 19 - UNCUT

He looked at me, his eyes sparkling before we went in, “They are quite ruthless with their... teasing.  Be prepared,” he smiled through his cringe.

“Damn, they are back, OK Sam, you win.” Ed groaned as he handed over something to Sam.  The others also threw Sam what looked like a coin.

“Don’t ask,” Thomas said softly to me, “It won’t be good.”

“Hmm, and I thought you had more stamina than that, you’re a let down,” Ed laughed heartily, “A let down... get it!!”

“Ed!” Thomas growled.  “You are not helping!”

“Umm, yes maybe you need some help,” Ed smiled, “Now Blossom, Thomas here might need... help.  But me, well I don’t need any help.  Ohh the things I could do to you...Ouch!” he fell hard as I dropped him.

“If you want me on my back Blossom, honey just ask,” he laughed as his eyebrows raised.

“Ed,” I whispered to him as I dropped down to a squat, “I once was insulted by a man, he talks with a very high voice now.  He doesn’t walk right now.  Are you insulting me?” I smiled tightly at him but my eyes were hard and my voice was loaded with intent.  “Do you doubt that I could injure you” I shrugged as I looked at his groin, “with my bare hands.  Ohh but the things I can do with a short knife.” I brought out the hunting knife I always kept in my riding boot and spun it like the perfect top.

“Umm, no Blossom, of course not Blossom,” he looked like he was past frightened.

“Good because I would hate to have to give you another hair cut,” I laughed as I stood up and slid the knife back into my boot.

The three other men looked at me worried.  I laughed at their expression.

“First lesson, be afraid of you teacher.  If you aren’t afraid of your teacher you will never open your mind to their wisdom.  If you want to have any more displays as to my skills I am sure that Ed will be happy to be ... helpful!” I laughed.

“Now if you are happy to accept my terms. We need to destroy all evidence of my arrival, including my horse and my clothes...” Ed was still lying on the floor of the barn and he merely opened his mouth to comment when the knife flew from my boot to slice the seam of his pants in one single movement.

“Hmm, Maybe the pregnancy is affecting my aim,” I mumbled as I put a foot on his abdomen and pulled the knife from his groin. “I meant to miss you by just a fraction more, damn.”

“Now are you still in agreeance or have you changed your mind.  If I am to be your teacher I will treat you like my teacher taught me.  I will give you no special treatment because you are farm boys and have no discipline.  It really depends on how good you want to be.  If you want to be good enough to be notiable in next years campaign then I will work you hard, no more jokes Ed or my aim with get worse, but if you want to hold your own in a bar fight then an hour a day will be enough.”

“Could you make us as good as one of the Twelve,” Sam asked quiety.

I couldn’t help the sharp intake of breath, “The Twelve what do you know of the Twelve,” I asked before I could stop myself. 

“A bard came to the village he told us how the twelve fought like demons each took twelve men for each one and they were unstoppable on the battle field.  He told great stories about their skills,”Sam blushed.

“Ohh yeah, those are the guys that count the virgins they slay along with the men!”

“Ed!  Trust you to remember that!” Thomas growled.